Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by RearOfSignal

The NH McGinnis scheme 126 has parts of the exterior switched out from a MTA scheme BL20, making for contrasting colors.
  by runningwithscalpels

RearOfSignal wrote:The NH McGinnis scheme 126 has parts of the exterior switched out from a MTA scheme BL20, making for contrasting colors.
I'd like to see this - someone make them send it up Waterbury when the branch comes back on the 2nd :)
  by gregorygrice

runningwithscalpels wrote:
RearOfSignal wrote:The NH McGinnis scheme 126 has parts of the exterior switched out from a MTA scheme BL20, making for contrasting colors.
I'd like to see this - someone make them send it up Waterbury when the branch comes back on the 2nd :)
I got a photo of it a month ago. I'll post it in a few.
  by runningwithscalpels

gregorygrice wrote:
runningwithscalpels wrote:
I got a photo of it a month ago. I'll post it in a few.
Thanks!
  by gregorygrice

#126 and a shoreliner ran south from NWP Yard at 10:15pm with geep #103 leading
  by gregorygrice

Found it! Taken on 4/30/12
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Amtrak7

gregorygrice wrote:#126 and a shoreliner ran south from NWP Yard at 10:15pm with geep #103 leading
I guess that was the engine that led to busing the midday Wassaic yesterday?
  by gregorygrice

Amtrak7 wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:#126 and a shoreliner ran south from NWP Yard at 10:15pm with geep #103 leading
I guess that was the engine that led to busing the midday Wassaic yesterday?
My guess. When it was in the yard the engine and HEP was turned on so I wonder what was actually wrong with it.
  by FL9AC

Not for nothing but that's the HVAC unit and they tend to go bad. That's not so uncommon as the 113 and 115 have primer gray units. Now back to the status of the BL20's and not the pretty colors.
  by Train2009

FL9AC wrote:Not for nothing but that's the HVAC unit and they tend to go bad. That's not so uncommon as the 113 and 115 have primer gray units. Now back to the status of the BL20's and not the pretty colors.
#113 is on the Danbury Mini-Bomb Shuttle, on Sunday 8/05 it was at Stamford Yard.
  by DutchRailnut

currently 112 is Stamford switcher
  by Clean Cab

gregorygrice wrote:
Found it! Taken on 4/30/12

Looks like the (NOT!!) good old days of Penn Central. Stripping one engine parts for another engine. Classy!!
  by Train2009

Train538 wrote:125 sitting in East Bridgeport Yard with a 3 car mini bomb.
#125 is now on one of the Danbury Mini-Bomb set.
  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote:#115 on the Danbury Shuttle.
Last Saturday 08/04 the #115 was on the west-end.
  by FL9AC

The 113 came of the one Danbury shuttle with issues with the 114 taking it's place. The 125 danbury mini was due ICC so that came off being replaced by the 127.