Railroad Forums 

• Station Announcements

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1616175  by MaRoFu

Has anyone tried documenting what type of announcements each station has? From my experience, I’m aware of two types of announcements present at NJ Transit stations:

Type 1: Features a male TTS voice. Starts with “Attention, [station] passengers, reads off the details of the train, and then ends off with either the ETD or “Please stand back from the yellow line and please watch the gap while boarding the train.”

Type 2: Features a female TTS voice. Starts with a chime that sounds like the Windows XP Notify sound.

As far as I’m aware, Type 2 is found at most NJT stations, while Type 1 is used at major or newly constructed stations such as Newark Penn (but not Newark Broad oddly enough), Newark Airport, Secaucus, Hoboken, New York Penn, Trenton, and possibly more. I’ve also come across stations with both types of announcements such as Wayne-Route 23 and MSU. Does anyone know which NJT stations use the Type 1 announcements, and are there any additional announcement types that I may have missed? Do the Metro-North WOH stations use the same announcements as NJT or something else?