Railroad Forums 

• Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#853445  by Otto Vondrak

SteelRail wrote:Little signal was in a pile of signal boxes and other debris on the opposite side of the tracks last night.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 #853850  by ANDY117

As of an hour ago that whole pile is gone. 2341 is still in the weeds along 17C just before you get into Owego. I'll put up some pictures later on tonight.
 #854387  by bingdude

As of Saturday afternoon Track 1 had its rails undone up to about MP 218 right near the old "state road" overpass opposite Home Depot in Westover. Rail was still intact through Endicott and a machine was left fouling track 1 just west of the Hayes Ave crossing.
 #854627  by northjerseybuff

wow..I saw some photos on another list of the work west of binghamton..near owego..amazing..it looks like a modern 21st century rr..finally! Something big is in the works!
 #854814  by Otto Vondrak

#855167  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:wow..I saw some photos on another list of the work west of binghamton..near owego..amazing..it looks like a modern 21st century rr..finally! Something big is in the works!

What information do you know that anyone of us here don't already know?? What is in the "works" that is "big"??
 #855195  by SecaucusJunction

Yeah I'd love to know anything big in the works... please share!

Unless the news is about abandoning the Eastern Half, then we don't want to know. HAHA
 #855198  by northjerseybuff

I was looking for the photos from the link on yahoogroups...the photos showed some massive signal bridge and a new interlocking in Owego...something is up. This is the best the Erie has been in years. And the NYSW is doing work as well on the delaware..infer what you want...something is up
 #855245  by charlie6017

northjerseybuff wrote:I was looking for the photos from the link on yahoogroups
Is there any way you could please post a link to these photos?

Thanks,
Charlie
 #855254  by SteelRail

charlie6017 wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:I was looking for the photos from the link on yahoogroups
Is there any way you could please post a link to these photos?

Thanks,
Charlie
This is the link that was posted on the Binghamton Railfan Yahoo group.
http://www.trainweb.org/SVRHS/singletrack.html
 #855276  by scottychaos

Anyone know where the Barton to Waverly siding is going to end on the Waverly side?
im curious how much double-track will remain in place in the Waverly area..
(even though one track will be a siding, it will still at least look like a double track mainline! ;)
as God and the Erie intended..)

thanks,
Scot