Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1633464  by Ken W2KB

"NEW JERSEY — Are you planning to skip a PATH train fare by hopping through the turnstiles that are meant to serve people with disabilities, like so many riders have done before you? Get ready to be publicly shamed by a robot, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced Thursday." https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/s ... skip-fares
 #1633480  by STrRedWolf

Nice idea, but...

Okay, I'll just say it. I am completely blanking on how the turnstyles would scream at the riders and not swear like a New Yorker. (And yes, I wanted to swear there.)

Not only that, don't you know how many times that would actually set off? Granted, this is PATH, but imaging putting that system in regular NYC Subway. It would be going off ALL THE TIME (yes, again). People flipping off the turnstiles would be a constant sighting.

I'm going to stop there, because any further, and this Baltimoron is going to turn into a... nope, third time. Cutting it off there.