• Silverliner V's Returning To Service

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by glennk419

As the SL-V's are beginning to return to service, can we start to list the car numbers as they are sighted and where? I believe there was a four car set that hit the rails on the Fox Chase line late last week.
  by rslitman

I heard that the first four cars returned to service were married pair 805-806, 726, and 716.
  by Limited-Clear

There was a 4 car set on Fox Chase to Chestnut Hill West and a 6 car set on Norristown to Wilmington
  by nova08

Yes, saw the 6 car set head back to Philly during the Tuesday PM rush.
  by Silverliner II

Oh, and by the way.... I probably should mention that I counted 11 Silverliner V's back in service this morning at Temple U station.

Out and about was:
a 4-car set (two married pairs) on a train to Chestnut Hill West
a 3-car set (all singles) on a train bound for 30th Street
a 4-car set (a married pair and two singles) also heading to 30th Street, and later deadheading back up to Glenside
  by danquagl

Did you get car numbers by any chance? We already know the aforementioned 805-806, 726 and 716, but curious myself to find out the others.
  by scotty269

8 or more V's are on track 6 Suburban right now.
  by R3 Passenger

Isn't that where the NJT set has been laying over midday over the past couple months? Also, I thought that Vs were limited to a maximum of 6 car trains?
  by N.E.Pennsy

spotted 734 (leading) followed by 709, 806 & 805 inbound train at Roslyn (Warminster line) this morning around 7:20am
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone:

As the rehabbed Silverliner 5 cars are returned to service are they being "marked" in any way so SEPTA employees (and those interested such as us)
can be easily spotted? I am thinking of either a decal or other marking such as a suffix R letter (similar to how PATH noted their rehab PA-1-2-3 fleet)
(Ex: 715R) or underlining the car number (NYCT Subway has done this in the past for various reasons) or perhaps even marking trucks on repaired cars?

"Marking" S5 cars in this manner would make them easily identifiable especially early on in the repair process and would probably not be necessary
once the entire fleet has repaired trucks and returns to regular service.

MACTRAXX
  by danquagl

R3 Passenger wrote:Isn't that where the NJT set has been laying over midday over the past couple months? Also, I thought that Vs were limited to a maximum of 6 car trains?
I think for yard/non-revenue moves, they go up to 8 or 9 cars, no?
  by Broadway

I've seen 10 car SL V moves and 12 car SL IV non-revenue moves. Also mixed consist moves with both 4's and 5's and a married pair of SL IV's towing 2 bomber cars.
  by Limited-Clear

There is a 4 car set running between Elwyn and Doylestown this weekend, 738 was one of the cars
  by AlexC

If you make note of a revenue service Silverliner V on the system, please update this list.
Valid Roster numbers are : 701-738 and 801-882.

Just copy and paste the list below, with additions.
Try to consolidate numbers if they are sequential (instead of 123,124,125,126, just post 123 - 126)
I will keep the thread clean as new updates are made.

* 805 - 806