• Silverliner V's Returning To Service

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Limited-Clear

Yesterday the set that was going to Doylestown ended up on a stub track at suburban
  by AlexC

If you make note of a revenue service Silverliner V on the system, please update this list.
Valid Roster numbers are : 701-738 and 801-882.

Just copy and paste the list below, with additions.
Try to consolidate numbers if they are sequential (instead of 123,124,125,126, just post 123 - 126)
I will keep the thread clean as new updates are made.

In light of the pin problem, here is the current list of Silverliner V's returned to service:

by AlexC

It's been a week since the last identified problem. Any sightings?
  by Limited-Clear

There was a set running about tonight between yards, rumor is approx 12 will be coming back very shortly, will post if I hear anything or see anything
  by ChrisinAbington

I saw a set around 6:50 last night pull into 30th signed for Fox Chase. I think it was a set of 4, but I didn't catch the numbers.
  by Limited-Clear

There should also have been a set running to the Airport, I believe 711, 823 and 824 are back and maybe 861/2 need to confirm the latter ones
  by nova08

A 6 car set just passed Conshohocken headed back into center city.
  by danquagl

My dad, while commuting into Center City, saw a set of V's headed for the destination of Newark. He said 708 was one of cars on the train.
  by zebrasepta

How many Silverliner Vs are back in service?
SEPTA did say they want to return to normal service as early as October...
  by ChrisinAbington

I've heard rumors about returning to normal scheduling as early as next weekend (10/01/16). That seems like a stretch to me, but maybe ridership has indeed dropped off far enough where its possible? (my rush hour trains seem to have gotten steadily less packed each week this month)
  by Railway-ne

on 9/22 I was on the Lansdale #6550 (leaving Jefferson at 5:40pm) and was on a six car set.

If you make note of a revenue service Silverliner V on the system, please update this list.
Valid Roster numbers are : 701-738 and 801-882.

Just copy and paste the list below, with additions.
Try to consolidate numbers if they are sequential (instead of 123,124,125,126, just post 123 - 126)
I will keep the thread clean as new updates are made.

* 805 - 806

train #6550
801-802
847-848
833-834
  by rslitman

Darn. I thought I'd have something new to add. Those last six were on 5346/3557 just now. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up running between Malvern and West Trenton all weekend.
  by South Jersey Budd

I think we should give kudos to the SEPTA Mechanical Department staff. Since July 3, the IV''s and AEM-7's have performed admirably. I don't recall more than normal break downs, even though the 6 car MU sets seem to run all day and the AEM-7's made trips on both the PRR and RDG sides with added stops rather than their normal one way trip. I expected increased mechanical issues especially from the AEM-7's in the summer heat.

Great job SEPTA mechanics !

Plenty others at SEPTA deserve credit also, but I was surprised at the equipments performance.
  by jmatchesky

Agree with this. Ignoring the much-discussed issues that led to the problem in the first place, once the cars were pulled SEPTA has really done a pretty good job of keeping things going in a somewhat reliable manner.

When I heard they were going to lease from other agencies, I figured they'd get a couple train sets and call it a day, hanging the customers out to dry. To their credit, they've scoured the eastern seaboard for any available compatible equipment. When they could get more, they got it. There are reports in another thread of new MARC cab cars having arrived just this week.

Honestly, from my vantage point as a Manayunk/Norristown rider, the schedules (timing of trains, not the number of trains) were the only thing keeping things from actually being somewhat close to normal. On this line during the car shortage, they never really figured out how to satisfy the AM rush hour at the highest-volume stations on the line. More creative use of expresses and strategic planned (in the printed timetables) skipped stations would have gotten the job done even with the severe car shortage.

Again, I think overall they've done a great job. The SLIV's really showed their worth, and then some. What a bunch of durable, long lasting railcars. Wish they still made them like that.