• Silver Lake Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by SilverLakeRailroad

I was going to make a long post, but I guess the Railroad Report covers all of it! In short, we received another A6, and took some great photos and videos, including a photo run-by! Read the RR Report for more!

http://www.silverlakerailroad.com/apps/ ... t-mid-july
  by SilverLakeRailroad

Nh chronicle will be coming to the SLRR on Wednesday july 21 with a rain date of july 22nd. Join us for train rides at 12 and 1 PM.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

The Railroad Report
http://www.silverlakerailroad.com/apps/ ... mid-august

Our foliage schedule:

Sept 18,19,25,26
Oct 2,3

The SLRR was given the #3 position (tied with our friends at CSRR) in the article "The top ten must-do's in the MWV"!
http://www.newhampshirelakesandmountain ... .08.12.pdf Page two!

The summer season extends through labor day weekend.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

We have done some work to our site. The forums are now gone, but we still encourage everyone to sign up for our site, and post pictures, videos, and comment in our guestbook. Sign up today--- It's free.

Also note, when you become a member of the SLRR site, The most recent Railroad Report and other railroad news is sent straight to your E-mail Inbox!

http://www.silverlakerailroad.com/apps/auth/signup
  by SilverLakeRailroad

Cruise Nights Read all about it!

Cruise Nights 2010
Hosted by the Silver Lake Railroad

Saturday’s 5-7:30 PM on these Dates:

August 28
September 4, 11, 18, 25
October 2

Stop by the SLRR to see some classic cars! Ice Cream Parlor open until 8PM and Train Rides at 5:30 and 6:30 PM.

*Do you have a classic car? Join us at the SLRR on Cruise Nights!

If there are any questions please contact:
[email protected]

Also see
http://www.silverlakerailroad.com
For more info!

The Silver Lake Railroad: Route 113 in Madison NH
Last edited by SilverLakeRailroad on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by b&m 1566

Quite the operation going on up there, it's nice to see and watch this place grow!

Now all it needs is a railroad themed miniature golf course! :wink:
  by SilverLakeRailroad

Anybody know of any classic car clubs around the MWV, accept the MWV classic car club, and the club in lancaster? More cars would really help the night become a big success...

Thanks, Will
  by Reader#108

Where they have 'Railfan Weekend' at Conway and Clark's, maybe you should have a 'Classic Car' weekend with train rides and such....also....how much track is actually missing between Madison and Conway and would it quash a coming together?
  by b&m 1566

I don't believe there is any track missing between Conway and Madison (maybe a few grade crossings but that's it). On the other hand the track south of 113 is buried under crushed stone and sand as Colman (a former B&M customer) uses it as an access road.
Note: In 2009 we railfan's almost got lucky as the Conway Scenic looked into refurbishing the track to Colman so they could send the Ballast Hopper Cars down to be loaded on site. Unfortunately they choose option B and had the stone shipped to Bartlett by truck to be loaded into the Ballast Hopper Cars. Imagine Railfan's Weekend with special runs to Hazen's, Redstone and Colman!!! Maybe someday!
  by SilverLakeRailroad

We have OR's up to the south end of Colemans. CSRX has rights to about a 1/4 mile south of the Conway station. From the station south is all NH DOT. too bad CSRR didn't make it to the north end of colemans, but they would still be a mile away from us. The blocked section in colemans is about a mile long. Is the Albany NH113 crossing removed, or is it paved over?

We have classic car meet's every saturday from 5-8, with train rides at 5:30 and 6:30, soon to become 5&6 (due to lack of; I don't know..umm.... light... LOL)

Our version of railfans WKND, or at least something similar is what we call Putt Putt day. CVRTC brings about 20 track cars, and takes members of the B&MRRHS for 2 round trip 10 mile rides up to colemans and back. Contact the B&MRRHS if you want to get a a ticket for that. I BELIEVE it costs 15$ and know includes the exclusive 10 mile round trip AND barbecue lunch! We ALSO run the regular 12 1 2 3. This year Mystic Valley Group will also be joining us for the day, and it will definitely be a rail fan filled, action packed day. Were figuring out the schedule, and will have it online soon!

Next year I plan to make a formal version of something similar to RF's WKND. We'll do "freight extras", "passenger extra's", and the regular "excursion train" rides, with photo runby's and more. It will be in addition to Putt putt day. I plan to schedule this for sometime in august. It's all in the works!

Also note, as i've said this before, there is no affiliation between CSRX, and the SLRR group, other than being allies'.