Railroad Forums 

• signal trainee metro north

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1034172  by presbyto123

hi my name is chris. I took the signal trainee test in december 2011 passed had the background check done and took my interview in febuary but have not heard back from them yet. is this normal or should i be concerned ? any advice would be appreciated. thanks
 #1034572  by SeeUSA

It is all dependent on how your interview went. Call HR (you have the number) and ask them to put you in touch with the recruiter, only that person can give you info on what your status is.
 #1034629  by presbyto123

was told buy a friend who works for metronorth and he spoke to the recruiter that they were going to contact me for the job in a few weeks but that was almost three weeks ago.
 #1037294  by presbyto123

called hr and a lady responded today telling me that she spoke to my recruiter and i am still being considered for future classes. gues that is better than nothing. thanks for the help.
 #1049178  by spark

Hi Everyone, I took the signal trainee test on may 10,2012 in Brooklyn NY. I got a reply that I passed , on to the background check.Keeping my fingers crossed hope I get called for an interview.
 #1049524  by matawanaberdeen

spark wrote:Hi Everyone, I took the signal trainee test on may 10,2012 in Brooklyn NY. I got a reply that I passed , on to the background check.Keeping my fingers crossed hope I get called for an interview.
Good for you, good luck and stay positive.
 #1061782  by spark

Hi, I took the signal trainee test on May 10,2012. I was supposed to be on to the background check.However, I was never called for an interview. Is it normal for them to take so long? I worked for another railroad and resigned on my own after four months(family Emergency) could that be a reason for denial.
 #1061823  by DutchRailnut

Why not call Human resources and get real answer ? Railroads and specially Government owned once, take their sweet old time.
 #1061828  by spark

I called and the told me that they cannot tell me the status of my application that if they want me for interview they will call
 #1117712  by lukegulergun

hey guys whats up i got my signal trainee test tomorrow i am very knowllegable in this field very familar with realy logic and mulitmeters ect.. but still if anyone has any help or advice for me i would much appreciate it i am very nervous and want to do good.
 #1636481  by Antzcantz31

Hey boss, not sure if you're still active on this account but I'm taking the test in 2 weeks and would love to know what the test consists of. Is it basic electrical? Or do i have to know train signals?