Railroad Forums 

• Shrinking Model Railroader Magazine

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1611301  by eolesen

nyandw wrote:"More" internet video "isolation" will not improve the hands on modeling experience IMO. The video modeling groups have all they require on the internet it would seem already, yes?
There's some crossover opportunities between virtual scale and physical modeling. The ORTS and Trainz communities are finding their 3d models can be ported and printed to HO and N scale.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1611302  by eolesen

bostontrainguy wrote:Maybe completely unacceptable, but I find my model railroad cravings satisfied by playing such fun and immersive video games like Transport Fever 2 which allows you to create the most amazing giant railroad layouts. Maybe they should try to add a video game section with reviews and play hints for the many railroad related video games available. Just a possible way to stabilize readership levels.
Try openrails.org - it's a lot more fun than a cartoon game.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk