Railroad Forums 

• SD80MAC Update

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#687874  by airman00

interesting video!

Did that last night freight have an sw1500 engine?
 #688007  by hotbike

No.

On that last freight...

Let me start from the beginning;
I live on Long Island, and I went to Cranford, New Jersey, where I taped the SD80MAC's. I took the train , LIRR and NJT, and when I was returning home, I saw an LIRR freight at Mineola, so I turned my camera on and videotaped it.
So the last train on that particular video is LIRR (before New York and Atlantic took over freight operations on Long Island).
The Locomotive(s) on the LIRR freights are MP15AC's, not SW1500's. NY&A purchased a number of locomotives from LIRR, on account that locomotives need cab signals to operate on LIRR track. NY&A also purchased some GP38-2's from the LIRR, when they were retired and replaced by DE30AC's and DM30AC's

Sorry for the confusion, it was sloppy tape to DVD editing on my part.
 #691519  by tjsingle

I've heard all the sd80macs are painted over in NS or CSX painte
 #692419  by Kaback9

tjsingle wrote:I've heard all the sd80macs are painted over in NS or CSX painte
Yup that would seem to be a correct statement, sad though they should have kept one in blue kinda like a heritage unit.
 #694517  by hotbike

This video clip was shot at Prescott , Pennsylvania on July 7th, 1997.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8hLJYCTPg
The first two trains are led by SD80MACS, and we were using two cameras. The trains, are NSSE and PICC, and the third train is a meet, MAIL-3.
The PICC is a very long train for two locomotives, and it proves the power of the SD80MAC's.

This is Episode 5 of the production "Conrail at Prescott". I had to break it into episodes to fit it on Youtube.