Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Legio X

03/26/05: MP-15ac's 158, 162 and 169
GE 25-tonner: 398
Some old coaches, also an M-1 set, in front of the MP-15ac's

The power unit, 3100, is no longer on the scrapline with the above MP-15ac's.

Is 157 up next for repainting?

What is 160's status?

What is SW-1001 #107's status? Was'nt that repainted, but out of service with it's stack capped?

by BuddM3

the M1 set is 9001 and 9002 that is beaing saved 3100 is at richmound hill but i heard that it caught on fire when it was beaing wased to supplie Hep to some thing

by Lirr168

I haven't seen #107 move in quite a while; it does appear that it is OOS. As for #3100: a few weeks ago (~6), I saw it being used to move a consist of C-3's. If it did indeed catch fire, it probably happened quite recently.

I know that the Mp15's are slowly but surely all being repinted, but does anyone know what they're planning to do with Sw1001's #'s 100/102/104? 102/104 look alright, but 100 is in serious need of a paint job.

by John 61

From what I heard # 107 is having some electrical components rebuilt. I thought # 160 was also repainted.

by Lirr168

John 61 wrote:I thought # 160 was also repainted.
I think so also. I passed by Morris Park on the 18th and I thought I saw #160 in the new paint scheme. However, it was getting dark, so it's possible I mistook #168 (which I know has been re-painted) for #160.

by Frank

Where is the Morris Park yard located?

by Legio X

It's located next to Atlantic Ave., just west of the Van Wyck Expwy. You can see a good deal of equipment as you pass by on Atlantic Ave. The scrapline is right next to Atlantic Ave.

by Lirr168

The best view is heading eastbound on the Lower Montauk. For anyone interested, the only eastbound train along the branch leaves LIC at 4:54 Monday-Friday.

by BMC

Engine 100 is usually in Long Island City yard with my drill crew, but I agree it needs a paint job.
  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Whats the deal with the 25 tonner? Why is it on the scrap line?

by lirrmike

Isn't that GE the old LILCO engine from Island Park?

Mike

by phoenix

When you say they are on the scrapline, do you actually mean they will soon be scrapped and taken off the railroad?

by Legio X

They have their stacks capped, have suffered major mechanical failures, and the shop seems to be picking at them for parts to use in the rest of the fleet.

by Lirr168

I didn't notice 9001/9002 on the scrapline today, does anyone know if they've been moved?

by BobLI

Hi, I saw 9001-9002 on the dead line this am. The number boards are missing and 1 window is pushed in.