Railroad Forums 

• Schofied, WI Trains

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1053820  by SJRR

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be in Schofield, WI from Sunday the 17th to Friday the 22nd of June. I noticed there are railroad tracks that pass through Schofield. Specifically, there are tracks that cross Charles St, in Schofield. Can anyone provide me some info on the rail line, such as times and symbols? I'm from Southern New Jersey so I don't have a clue as to where to begin.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it.

Mike
 #1064835  by Scoring Guy

The best train action in the Schofield area, will be just a few miles south at the "Weston" electric power plant (right next to I-39 at exit 185). The Union Pacific supplies an almost daily supply of coal, but I don't know the schedule. The UP coals trains route to Wausau, is via the Proviso yard in Chicago, then north on the former C&NW line to Necedah, WI, where it does a 270 degree loop onto the "Valley Line". The line through Schofield is the former Milwaukee Road "Valley Line" that is now owned by the Canadian National which will have minimal operations through Schofield - at it's southern end, the Valley Line T''s into the CP line at New Lisbon.