Railroad Forums 

• RS3 Hood Doors for Sale

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#494866  by pablo

Isn't he a member of the Mohawk and Hudson people...

Dave Becker

#494875  by Kuyahoora Valley

Yes and No...apparently still a member of their board, but also only known person associated with the defunct group that had the Albany Port RS3 and S-2 donated to it years ago. Had an add last year for couplers, and there are couplers missing from the Colonie engines. The M&H owned NYC RS3 8254 is missing the hood doors on the fireman's side of the locomotive. So who knows where the doors really came from...there are three RS3s in the area, two owned by M&H and one by Mr Truscott's group. He does not want to sell the locomotives, only parts from them.

#494893  by pablo

I would imagine that they would sell the engines, but they are in such bad shape at this point that I expect they would find no takers.

Dave Becker

#494921  by Alcoman

Kuyahoora Valley wrote:Yes and No...apparently still a member of their board, but also only known person associated with the defunct group that had the Albany Port RS3 and S-2 donated to it years ago. Had an add last year for couplers, and there are couplers missing from the Colonie engines. The M&H owned NYC RS3 8254 is missing the hood doors on the fireman's side of the locomotive. So who knows where the doors really came from...there are three RS3s in the area, two owned by M&H and one by Mr Truscott's group. He does not want to sell the locomotives, only parts from them.
I went down there today and all the hood doors are intact on the B&M and Albany Port RS-3. The missing doors on the NYC RS-3 are in Truscotts garage according to people that have seen them.
He is also selling passenger car parts. There is an ad on Rail Swap in this category also.
What I would like to know is (1) who is getting all the money from these sales. The M&H Chapter is slowly being shut down as they gave away much of their library collection to the State. (2) why is Truscott unwilling to give away the Alcos instead of selling them for parts.
It sounds like someone is profiting from this personally

#494936  by conrail71

Is he legally authorized to sell these items... or would a possible buyer be open to being charged with; recieving stollen goods, possesion of stollen property...
Mike

#495921  by crij

He just added brake cylinders and couplers to Railswap

#503474  by pablo

I fI had the coin, I would back up two cranes and a couple of lowboys and make off with one of the RS-3's. Who would argue? If the city can't find the owner...

Dave Becker

#503511  by Otto Vondrak

conrail71 wrote:Is he legally authorized to sell these items... or would a possible buyer be open to being charged with; recieving stollen goods, possesion of stollen property...
Mike
I am told by a trusted source close to the situation that Truscott does indeed own the engine, so he's authorized to sell parts off it. At this time, I am going to pause the conversation because this conversation could possibly hinder delicate negotiations (already in progress) to save the remaining equipment.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

-otto-