• Report SEPTA Delays Here:

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by khecht

gregorygrice wrote:RRD: Airport Line suspended until further notice

The Wilmington/Newark Line is boarding at the LOWER level of Amtrak's 30th Street Station.
Seemed to be wire trouble somewhere in the vicinity of 30th St. If they were able to operate out of the lower level, I'd assume this was on SEPTA territory. Things were claimed to be back to normal, but they just cancelled 451, the 5:30 pm to the Airport from Suburban, so maybe not. Guess I'll find out when I try to leave the city.

Yesterday wires seemed to be damaged in the middle of PHIL interlocking, where the Airport line merges in and Newark trains cross over the NEC main. I was on the first inbound Newark express (9212) and we came up the outbound local track all the way from Crum Lynne (BALDWIN interlocking I believe). That was a first for me. This must have delayed a bunch of outbound equipment though we were only about 15 late into 30th. Alvinator was correctly announcing the new boarding locations though a bunch of people at Ridley were caught off guard and I don't they all made it over. Amtrak seemed to be operating only the outbound express track in both directions, and a catenary maintenance vehicle was in the middle of PHIL, so I assume someone's pantograph snagged something earlier.

There have seemed to be a lot of wire issues this week, I suppose from the cold, though low teens for lows in January here isn't that uncommon here.
  by khecht

khecht wrote:Guess I'll find out when I try to leave the city.
On 4265 to Newark. SEPTA is single tracking south of Arsenal on the usual outbound local track, Amtrak is using both express tracks as usual. SEPTA appears to be canceling every other Airport train. Elwyn trains seem OK, suggesting more trouble near PHIL though I didn't see anyone working out there when we passed through. Lots of delays on the former R5 as well per Train View.

Not sure what's really going on but I'm hoping it clears up overnight in advance of any snow tomorrow.
  by Patrick Boylan

Market Frankford line, my train eastbound crawled into 34st about 8:45am, sat for about 10 minutes before the operator announced out of service. After unloading the train pulled about halfway off the platform, lots of grinding and smell from the middle, apparently some brakes didn't release.
1 westbound went by, then I got on the first eastbound, which was on the westbound track, and which crossed back over into 30th St.
There was another westbound at the platform at 30th St, from the subway-surface Green line trolley to which I transferred I could see it was still sitting there, and another in the tunnel just east of 30th St.

I figure my delay was about 15 minutes, I think it would have been much less if they had given me an emergency transfer, I could have walked to 33rd and gotten the trolley, but the cashier said they're not authorized to give out emergency transfers unless headquarters tells them.

A coworker just arrived, about 11am, he said they were still single tracking.
  by askclifford

A NHSL train derailed near 69th St Terminal. Shuttle Buses are replacing trains around the accident site.
  by phillymountainrailfan

Trenton line suspended until further notice due to police activity at bristol station
  by rslitman

My worst fears have been realized - 328 hit a trespasser. Inbound service is still running. Crews say we will be stuck here an hour or two.
  by glennk419

rslitman wrote:My worst fears have been realized - 328 hit a trespasser. Inbound service is still running. Crews say we will be stuck here an hour or two.
FOX29 has been reporting the dreaded "police activity" on the WT line this morning with delays and cancellations. I was sadly afraid this was the case.
  by Amtrak7

Due to emergency track work between Elm-Street and Norristown Transportation Center, shuttle buses will replace trains beginning at approximately 8:30 a.m. Friday, May 31 until further notice.
Any idea what the emergency work is?
  by South Jersey Budd

I heard a heat kink south of Main Street near Bridge Interlocking. I guess it wasn't too bad though because they ran over it during he morning rush until 830.
  by Clearfield

A small rock slide on the NB track between FRTC and Melrose in the cut has trains single tracking'
  by scotty269

Clearfield wrote:A small rock slide on the NB track between FRTC and Melrose in the cut has trains single tracking'
Good thing there's still a pocket track between JENK and TABOR.

Oh, wait...
  by Matthew Mitchell

>>Warminster: Trains #9467 and #9468 are canceled due to police and medical emergency at Ardsley Station.

[confirmed as trespasser strike]
  by zebrasepta

washed out track on the Norristown Line
Regional Rail:
Route Manayunk/Norristown: Service between Miquon & Norristown is suspended. Crews are currently on-site at Spring Mill repairing washed out track. We hope to restore limited service to Norristown by 4PM and will provide hourly updates until then.
  by Amtrak7

zebrasepta wrote:washed out track on the Norristown Line
Regional Rail:
Route Manayunk/Norristown: Service between Miquon & Norristown is suspended. Crews are currently on-site at Spring Mill repairing washed out track. We hope to restore limited service to Norristown by 4PM and will provide hourly updates until then.
Its for things like this why they put the new interlocking in...