• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by ericofmaine

And driving over the line almost daily, those cars had been sitting there since last week.

Eric
  by 690

Since no one else has said anything about this, the CTC between Canaan (CPF107) and Hermon (CPF66) has been retired; most of the signals have already had the heads removed. The westbound distant signal at MP106 by Hinckley Road in Clinton is still in place (for CPF107), but the eastbound head has been removed as well. Heads are still in place on the bracket masts at the former CPF92 (Pittsfield) and CPF80 (Stetson), although it's anyone's guess as to how much longer they will remain there.
  by MEC407

Thanks for the information.
  by BostonUrbEx

Wow, that is great news. That signal system was junk and frankly a waste of money, time, and effort. Any money spent on a new/improved signal system is best spent elsewhere (such as CPF 183/Walnut to CPF 168/Danville Jct, or even to Leeds Jct).
  by 690

Definitely, even if it's isolated, making Cressey, Leeds Junction, and Roy (and crossover A?) controlled would save a lot of time for everyone. Penny and Blake would be good candidates as well, and maybe even Den and Libby, given that most meets occur on those three sidings.
  by newpylong

Spring switches would be better operationally and cost wise in dcs vs isolated CTC, but they would need to be maintained. As far as I know the only one left is cpn9 nashua.
  by hh660

3.28.2017, 4:45PM, Pan Am 618(?) and 12 spine cars with 60 containers passed the Mountain Branch heading east on track 1
S
  by gokeefe

"Everybody's working for the weekend ... "

I wonder if they have fully replaced their truck moves.
  by 690

gokeefe wrote:"Everybody's working for the weekend ... "

I wonder if they have fully replaced their truck moves.
Or you know, bringing back the equipment that went down on WAAY.
  by JB283

Was informed by my cousin that a boxcar went off the tracks around depot street in Lincoln Maine yesterday. No injuries. Thatdvall I know
  by gokeefe

Wood into oil? WOW ... That could be a winner ... I suspect t the costs are totally out of reach for mass production at the moment. Makes for great research and development though ...
  by fogg1703

Cosakita18 wrote:http://www.pressherald.com/2017/05/03/o ... uel-plant/
Another torrified wood, export wood pellet mill, pie in the sky dream of industrial reinvention of a shuttered mill. As with the Millinocket mills and Cate St, these articles serve as advertisements looking for investment firms as opposed to real concrete plans for job creation.
  by gokeefe

I agree in part but would emphasize that there is a difference with the active participation of the UMaine research facility. There's a little more credibility. Perhaps still very much "pie in the sky" but at least this one might get into the oven.