Railroad Forums 

• Potential Route into LA Union Station via VIctorville - Palmdale

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1626432  by Jeff Smith

I was doing some digging, and came up with an item for an alternative to a connection with Metrolink at Rancho Cucamonga (I love saying that LOL!). The instigator seems to be CAHSR, but if Brightline buys in it could be a direct link based on the maps I'm seeing.

Railway Age :
January 26, 2022
An alternate proposal for Brightline West to connect with Metrolink at Palmdale, on the Antelope Valley Line north of the city (the Palmdale Project), is still under consideration. The High Desert Joint Powers Authority is planning to establish a transit center there, and is expected to announce its specific plans this spring. The under-construction California High-Speed Rail line is also slated to stop at Palmdale, which would allow riders coming from north of Los Angeles to get to Las Vegas over a shorter route that avoids a transfer downtown, and also with a two-seat ride.
 #1626433  by Jeff Smith

LA.Urbanize.City
Published May 23, 2023
In addition to plans to push deeper into San Bernardino County, Brightline West could also link with the nascent California High-Speed Rail system through the High Desert Corridor, a proposed 54-mile connector line between Palmdale and the Victorville area. That would provide Brightline trains a direct route to Los Angeles Union Station - a much easier starting point for Angelenos looking to visit Las Vegas. Accordingly, the project's backers estimate that Brightline West would attract roughly 12 million one-way trips each year - nearly one quarter of the 50 million trips that already occur between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
 #1626445  by HenryAlan

I was always under the impression that the Rancho Cucamonga routing would be an interim solution, pending CAHSR reaching Union Station, at which point Brightline would construct the Palmdale connection and re-route. Palmdale doesn't make any sense for now, because it's a much more remote location for any Southern California passengers, but it will definitely make sense once the high speed route is built through there.