• Next Round of TVM Installations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by baldwr

As of Monday June 27 notices were up at Bound Brook informing riders that TVMs were installed and they have untill mid July to get used to the new way of life. When I was at the station (around 3:45pm) the shelter was finished and the techs were working on installing the baseframes for the machines.

I assume that the machines were to be on line by the end of the day or the following day given the notice, but assumptions are dangerous. I haven't been back home since Monday so I cannot verify completion. The location, as someone speculated in an earlier post, is at the tunnel enterance so they are accessible to east- and westbound riders.
  by Mike77E9

baldwr wrote:As of Monday June 27 notices were up at Bound Brook informing riders that TVMs were installed and they have untill mid July to get used to the new way of life. When I was at the station (around 3:45pm) the shelter was finished and the techs were working on installing the baseframes for the machines.

I assume that the machines were to be on line by the end of the day or the following day given the notice, but assumptions are dangerous. I haven't been back home since Monday so I cannot verify completion. The location, as someone speculated in an earlier post, is at the tunnel enterance so they are accessible to east- and westbound riders.

As of Tuesday evening, the TVM's were in at Bound Brook
  by lnj

Guess they're turning back to what's left on the M&E: On my way back to Summit from the Yankee game I saw that Short Hills now has two machines in service. They're on the inbound platform toward the eastern end of the station building, much like Chatham.
  by morris&essex4ever

I'm guessing the next station to get TVM's on the M&E will be Denville.
  by cruiser939

MACTRAXX wrote:I also now wonder if NJT ever moves machines around to install them at stations that more warrant them if the sales generated by them do not meet expectations?
In the past, NJT has redeployed TVM's as they see fit to expand coverage or add capacity. As has been noted though, there is a push to cover the whole system though now.
  by Roadgeek Adam

Stations left:

Pascack Valley Line
-----------------------
- Anderson Street

North Jersey Coast Line
-----------------------------
- Monmouth Park (however, this will not be getting one unless they had some serious reason)

Morristown Line
----------------------------
- Mount Tabor (if cruiser doesn't start using the frontloader first)
- Denville
- Mountain Station
- Highland Avenue

Gladstone Branch
---------------------------
- All stations

Montclair-Boonton
--------------------------
- Watsessing Avenue (forgot this in the original post)
- Walnut Street
- Watchung Avenue
- Upper Montclair
- Mountain Avenue
- Montclair Heights
- Little Falls
- Mountain View (if memory serves the White Elephant on Route 23 already has one)
- Lincoln Park
- Boonton
- Lake Hopatcong
- Netcong
- Mount Olive (another one if Cruiser can't get his front loader first)
- Hackettstown

I'd say the chances they're done by the end of 2011 are good. They are definitely adding them in faster this year.
Last edited by Roadgeek Adam on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by morris&essex4ever

Roadgeek Adam wrote:Stations left:

Pascack Valley Line
-----------------------
- Anderson Street

North Jersey Coast Line
-----------------------------
- Monmouth Park (however, this will not be getting one unless they had some serious reason)

Morristown Line
----------------------------
- Mount Tabor (if cruiser doesn't start using the frontloader first)
- Denville
- Mountain Station
- Highland Avenue
- Orange

Gladstone Branch
---------------------------
- All stations

Montclair-Boonton
--------------------------
- Watsessing Avenue (forgot this in the original post)
- Walnut Street
- Watchung Avenue
- Upper Montclair
- Mountain Avenue
- Montclair Heights
- Little Falls
- Mountain View (if memory serves the White Elephant on Route 23 already has one)
- Lincoln Park
- Boonton
- Lake Hopatcong
- Netcong
- Mount Olive (another one if Cruiser can't get his front loader first)
- Hackettstown

I'd say the chances they're done by the end of 2011 are good. They are definitely adding them in faster this year.
Orange got them early this year. Did you mean East Orange?
  by Roadgeek Adam

morris&essex4ever wrote:
Orange got them early this year. Did you mean East Orange?
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0040.pdf - Omitted I see.

I didn't see the TVMs at Orange last time I was on a Morristown train (June 11), but of course, I slept from Summit to Maplewood and was not in full attention until Newark, so my mistake. Been happily removed from the list.
  by mcmannors

M&Eman wrote:This is all while LIRR and MNRR have been aggressive on both fronts.
Hasn't the LIRR and Metro North been just about 100% high level for about 15-20 years now? What's left? Appalachian Trail and Manitou?
  by R36 Combine Coach

LIRR is all high level except Belmont Park. MNCR also has the Waterbury Branch and Meritt 7 as low level, plus the West-of-Hudson.
  by mcmannors

R36 Combine Coach wrote:LIRR is all high level except Belmont Park. MNCR also has the Waterbury Branch and Meritt 7 as low level, plus the West-of-Hudson.
Thanks!
  by cruiser939

morris&essex4ever wrote:I emailed NJ Transit about stations getting TVM's and they said that all stations without TVM's should get them by mid-October this year.
Almost all of the TVM's should be done in a month or so I believe.
  by Roadgeek Adam

Add Boonton & Mountain View to the list of stations with Ticket Vending Machines as of today.
  by Port Jervis

morris&essex4ever wrote:Now, Bradley Beach, Bay Head and Spring Lake have them. Why on earth did Bay Head get TVMs?
This sorta blew my mind when I first noticed it this afternoon. I guess that with heavy summer usage and the masses of people who will transfer at Long Branch, they wanted to make sure no riders HAD to get on-board tickets.

If Lebanon ever gets TVM's, I'll have a heart attack.
  by waldwickrailfan

i thought Lebanon already had TVM's a few weeks ago. so Port Jervis already had a heart attack!