Railroad Forums 

• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#941032  by waldwickrailfan

rbreslow wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
HBLR wrote:It would be very cool if i ever got to work for a railroad.
I hope that even NJT has enough sense to never consider your application for employment.
Too late and look what happened on his first day on the job.
i think you could see its brain by its head.
 #941040  by rbreslow

HBLR wrote: i think you could see its brain by its head.
OMG, That actually looks like a piece of brain next to it! Wait why is the cow screaming at me now?
Attachments:
images-1.jpeg
images-1.jpeg (2.85 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
 #941044  by waldwickrailfan

rbreslow wrote:
HBLR wrote: i think you could see its brain by its head.
OMG, That actually looks like a piece of brain next to it! Wait why is the cow screaming at me now?
i dont think HBLR would post that, it was me, Waldwickrailfan
 #941182  by HBLR

For that to be brain the corpse would be a large splat, not in one piece, not to mention once it left the body it'd turn dark from dead red blood cells. Biology, fascinating & disgusting all at the same time!

I wouldn't even be on the train id be doing something with signals or overhead line upkeep or some such. Plus it's a loose hypothetical, not something that will actually ever happen.

Njt the way to go for fresh steak.
 #941534  by Jtgshu

HBLR wrote:For that to be brain the corpse would be a large splat, not in one piece, not to mention once it left the body it'd turn dark from dead red blood cells. Biology, fascinating & disgusting all at the same time!

I wouldn't even be on the train id be doing something with signals or overhead line upkeep or some such. Plus it's a loose hypothetical, not something that will actually ever happen.

Njt the way to go for fresh steak.
Not to get overly gross, but no, the whole animal doesn't have to be a splat for its brains to be exposed. A handrail or snowplow works like a very large sharp knife and will make relativley clean cuts of body parts and skulls. Trust me, Ive hit plenty of things...........no cows yet tho
 #941665  by Patrick Boylan

I just got another confirmation that there are about 5 or so users on this forum who stalk user HBLR, and who fanatically care that he might be the same as TreNYC.
It's not the first time I've seen this sort of thing, here's a thread that's less than 15 hours old that already has 2 posts commenting on HBLR, even though he hasn't posted anything in the thread.
http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 79&start=0 NJT Naming rights

Can't you understand that there might be people who like to devote their leisure time and read this site to get railroad info, and who don't care one bit about your constant obsession with user HBLR? The joke got stale many months ago. It'd be different if you had something original or amusing to contribute.
 #941667  by HBLR

Oh yes, I've seen such happen. Not pretty. Also birds hitting front of the cab at 100 mph, THUD! Thank goodness for that FRA glazing spec...

Pat, thanks for that, much appreciated.

Back to some nonsense:

How about njt increase number of trains per hour times 4, just have much shorter consist for each train, 2 locomotives per train even the arrow sets.. Re-open colonia, Adams, penns neck, south Elizabeth, north linden, and any/all other former stations. Have diesel and steam power from museums 2 weeks a year, and replace all the rail with 155 lb.

Don't forget the 12 cars wrapped in Jeff Smith rules livery.
 #941732  by rbreslow

Now how about NJT and Septa combine to form the ultimate bi-state transportation company. "NJEPTA" New Jersey East Pennsylvania Transit Authority. That would be sick :)
 #941735  by Jtgshu

rbreslow wrote:Now how about NJT and Septa combine to form the ultimate bi-state transportation company. "NJEPTA" New Jersey East Pennsylvania Transit Authority. That would be sick :)
How about "N-EPTA"

New Jersey Eastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority"

On second thought.............maybe not. :)

Although slightly better than the FUC - First Union Center...

My cousin, who used to be a radio DJ in the Philly market was there doing a remote on the opening day, and it was called the First Union Center Kickoff!!!! (I swear to the heavens.....) Sounds great on the radio, not so great in print.......
 #941750  by sixty-six

Patrick Boylan wrote:I just got another confirmation that there are about 5 or so users on this forum who stalk user HBLR, and who fanatically care that he might be the same as TreNYC.
It's not the first time I've seen this sort of thing, here's a thread that's less than 15 hours old that already has 2 posts commenting on HBLR, even though he hasn't posted anything in the thread.
http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 79&start=0 NJT Naming rights

Can't you understand that there might be people who like to devote their leisure time and read this site to get railroad info, and who don't care one bit about your constant obsession with user HBLR? The joke got stale many months ago. It'd be different if you had something original or amusing to contribute.
Oh good, the internet police arrived.

#941751  by HBLR

Parts Of Eastern Pennsylvania And New Jersey Improperly Funded Due To Politics Regional Transit Operating Entity.

POE PAN JIF DTPR TOE.

OMG

#941917  by rbreslow

OMG, I just was at CHW Station the terminus of Septa's Chestnut Hill West line and look what was sitting there!
Attachments:
NJT in CHW.jpg
NJT in CHW.jpg (168.48 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
 #941977  by Jtgshu

It looks like it has a flat tire!
 #941991  by Uzi-Cat

Jtgshu wrote:It looks like it has a flat tire!
Call AAA. That is in the TRO12 somewhere.