• Lackawanna Cutoff Passenger Service Restoration

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by morris&essex4ever

Let's face it, none of these projects are going to happen anytime soon. If anything MOM should be done before anything else as it would generate the most ridership.
  by cruiser939

northjerseybuff wrote:cruiser-wasn't money approved for this already? how can they cancel a project that was approved and funds dispersed? let the media be told!!
Have you heard of this project called ARC? Funds had been approved for that project yet it got cancelled. Approval of funds doesn't guarantee a project's success. Another thing, please stop rabble rousing and saying this project has been cancelled. I've never said such a thing and nor should you.
  by uzplayer

These projects do move forward... There's no argument about that. They just move SLOW and we are inpatient.

But patience is a virtue...and of course can run out.
  by sullivan1985

northjerseybuff wrote:cruiser-wasn't money already appropriated for brush clearing? the 7 miles was approved. This sounds like some serious backtracking. I think a call to a certain media outlet will be in order to investigate this. I am going bold with this by the warmer weather! People who follow this look for news one way or another
Is this a service that could improve your life or do you just want to get pictures of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill?
  by northjerseybuff

haha..good question sully. Honestly if it did come about to East Stroudsburg I would move out there. However without the rail alternative I won't move to ES. I really believe rt 80 needs an alternative on days like well..today and tomorrow with ice/snow or when there is a huge accident.
  by ChrisU

sullivan1985 wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote:cruiser-wasn't money already appropriated for brush clearing? the 7 miles was approved. This sounds like some serious backtracking. I think a call to a certain media outlet will be in order to investigate this. I am going bold with this by the warmer weather! People who follow this look for news one way or another
Is this a service that could improve your life or do you just want to get pictures of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill?
Pictures of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill! lol
  by Gilbert B Norman

sullivan1985 wrote:Is this a service that could improve your life or do you just want to get pictures of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill?
Off topic, but it looks like I've now learned the origin of another DL&W Sleeper's name:

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?m ... Weibel.jpg
  by njmidland

You wouldn't get a picture of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill even if this project goes forward - the Andover station is about 1/2 mile east of where the Pequest Fill starts.

The DL&W's 10-6 sleepers were all named after the various rivers that the DL&W crossed. The Pequest runs down to the Delaware River by Belvidere and was the route that the L&HR followed.
  by Gilbert B Norman

If I may be allowed another OT moment, where then is the Tioughnioga, as that is a 10-6 I rode during 1961 (EL)#5, Lake Cities, "bumper post to bumper post".
  by njmidland

The Tioughnioga River starts as two branches just south of Syracuse and roughly follows the DL&W's Syracuse Branch. It flows into the Chenango River at Chenango Forks which is also where the Utica and Syracuse Branches meet. There was still through sleeping car service when this car was ordered so the Tioughnioga likely crossed the Tioughnioga River.
  by ChrisU

njmidland wrote:You wouldn't get a picture of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill even if this project goes forward - the Andover station is about 1/2 mile east of where the Pequest Fill starts.

The DL&W's 10-6 sleepers were all named after the various rivers that the DL&W crossed. The Pequest runs down to the Delaware River by Belvidere and was the route that the L&HR followed.
Maybe by 2100 trains will be going over the Pequest Fill.
  by Steve F45

NJTArrow2 wrote:
njmidland wrote:You wouldn't get a picture of a PL42AC on the Pequest Fill even if this project goes forward - the Andover station is about 1/2 mile east of where the Pequest Fill starts.

Maybe by 2100 trains will be going over the Pequest Fill.
By then, Cruiser's monorail cat will be outdated and we'll all be riding........Hovercat!
  by cruiser939

There will always be a need for monorail cats to serve as a feeder system to the hovercat hubs.

BTW, if Jeff Smith weren't in charge, you so would have gotten a board warning/banishment for posting that "forbidden" picture. Just another reason why Jeff Smith Rules!
  by northjerseybuff

got a message that union paving got the go ahead to start work. Look for it to begin very soon! this is from another rr message board and the poster didn't want to start rumors, but senses its from a good source