• Lackawanna Cutoff Passenger Service Restoration

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Well, everything right now is rumors.... on both sides. We'll just have to wait and see.
  by Don31

Rumors?? On here??? Surely you jest......
  by nick11a

Don31 wrote:Rumors?? On here??? Surely you jest......
Well, I'm not sure... it's only a rumor.
  by Don31

nick11a wrote:
Don31 wrote:Rumors?? On here??? Surely you jest......
Well, I'm not sure... it's only a rumor.
Touche.....
  by james1787

This sounds like a definite possibility..

Hope to see / hear of progress!
  by cruiser939

northjerseybuff wrote:got a message that union paving got the go ahead to start work. Look for it to begin very soon! this is from another rr message board and the poster didn't want to start rumors, but senses its from a good source
I don't deal in rumors so...

The 90 day suspension that had been in affect for about a year was lifted yesterday. I'd expect work to start in about 2 weeks. They won't have a lot of time because they have to be wrapped up by March 31st. That's when the migratory pattern of some stupid bird starts. Isn't nature great?
Last edited by cruiser939 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by northjerseybuff

thanks for the update cruiser. How did a 90 day ban last a year? just curious.
Once phase one is complete, have the other contracts after brush cutting been approved? the contract timeline was posted many pages ago, but I gave up following it once the project was halted. I know roseville tunnel needed work among various other things
  by cruiser939

northjerseybuff wrote:thanks for the update cruiser. How did a 90 day ban last a year? just curious.
Because NJT never lifted the suspension. That's the awesome power that they wield.
  by cjvrr

Cruiser,

Don't pick on the birds. They need someplace to live too.....lol

The 90 day postponement stretched to one year doesn't surprise me. I'm still waiting for NJDEP to finish a 60 day review on a project I submitted in September 2008...seriously. And the public almost never knows about these kinds of delays.
  by northjerseybuff

construction photos on the EL messsage site..work has begun!
  by trackwelder

NJTArrow2 wrote:Can you put a link, can't find the site. Finally!!

it's about time!! i can't find the site either.
  by JPG76

I happened to go down Sparta Satnhope road today. I was very suprised to see that there had been some activity. Very good to see work starting after hearing rumors of this project for so many years.