Railroad Forums 

• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#881360  by FinalMacGyver

fishin360 wrote:I apply for conductor out of philly. I took all my tests , just waiting for the call from hr. When they first called, he said if all my test pass I would be going to redi sometime in mid January. My status on CSX website was changed to start date pending. I guess I got the job, if someone knows something different let me know. I hope my date doesn't get push up. It would be nice to do my 22 weeks training in the warm months.
Did you receive a email or phone call when your status changed?
 #881644  by justgood1120

Some of you have said your status has changed from completed to pending start date. How long after your physical and strength test did it change? Its only been a week but the waiting is brutal !
 #881756  by blitzz2

Status just changed from "completed" to "ready to hire" for Conductor out of N.Baltimore Ohio. So I'm pretty stoked, now just waiting on a report date. Anyone out there from N.Baltimore going to Redi? I know I was 1 of 4 hired out of there out of about 43 people who applied. So I feel kind of lucky,
 #881812  by frank68

Hi Everyone, First time posting! I applied for Freight Conductor in Selkirk on November 23rd. My status is "application being reviewed " It has been that way for a bit now? I also noticed that the posting was expired on Dec. 3rd then reposted the following Monday? Now it looks like it will go until Dec. 20th. I read on an earlier post that this means they may not have had enough applicants or not enough passed the assessments?? I guess I am still ok with my submission because it is still valid for the position it says?? If anyone can give me some info on this I would greatly appreciate it thank you. I really hope to get a chance to interview!! Just waiting and hoping to get a nice Christmas gift saying that I was selected!!! Would be nice....
 #881818  by gunmetal

frank68 wrote:Hi Everyone, First time posting! I applied for Freight Conductor in Selkirk on November 23rd. My status is "application being reviewed " It has been that way for a bit now? I also noticed that the posting was expired on Dec. 3rd then reposted the following Monday? Now it looks like it will go until Dec. 20th. I read on an earlier post that this means they may not have had enough applicants or not enough passed the assessments?? I guess I am still ok with my submission because it is still valid for the position it says?? If anyone can give me some info on this I would greatly appreciate it thank you. I really hope to get a chance to interview!! Just waiting and hoping to get a nice Christmas gift saying that I was selected!!! Would be nice....
If its still being reviewed I would say its still on "someones desk", so just continue being patient
 #881828  by d0c69

It's tough to do but yes patients is the way to go theres nothing else you can do. I put in for conductor in Philly back in the beginning of Nov and my status is still being reviewed. Good luck!!!
 #882064  by frank68

Thank you for the replies doc69 and gunmetal!! I will just have to be patient like ya said!! I'm hanging in there...Oh yes, so its not a bad thing either when they reposted the same job after it was expired once already?
 #882067  by frank68

d0c69 wrote:It's tough to do but yes patients is the way to go theres nothing else you can do. I put in for conductor in Philly back in the beginning of Nov and my status is still being reviewed. Good luck!!!
Hey I also wanted to say good luck to you too Doc69 for that position in Philly!!!
 #882270  by dirtydave

Good luck with that whole conductor gig, they still got oodles on the bench, and a bunch switching crafts like mad. The only way you are gonna work a decent steady job after OJT is if all the old heads who wont give it up die, which most are to pissy to do any way.
 #882314  by COEN77

dirtydave wrote:Good luck with that whole conductor gig, they still got oodles on the bench, and a bunch switching crafts like mad. The only way you are gonna work a decent steady job after OJT is if all the old heads who wont give it up die, which most are to pissy to do any way.
That's a heck of a thing to say wishing for people to die. Mabey you need to stay on CSX-sucks.com with the rest of the whiners. The problem with the whiners they want everything now. That oldhead might not be old enough to retire. They might look old then again so will you some day. I'm sure when you were training it was well known that furloughs happen in the railroad industry. It's been that way forever. If people can't handle it they quit find another job mabey you should consider that option.
 #882385  by EWS1963

COEN77 wrote:
dirtydave wrote:Good luck with that whole conductor gig, they still got oodles on the bench, and a bunch switching crafts like mad. The only way you are gonna work a decent steady job after OJT is if all the old heads who wont give it up die, which most are to pissy to do any way.
That's a heck of a thing to say wishing for people to die. Mabey you need to stay on CSX-sucks.com with the rest of the whiners. The problem with the whiners they want everything now. That oldhead might not be old enough to retire. They might look old then again so will you some day. I'm sure when you were training it was well known that furloughs happen in the railroad industry. It's been that way forever. If people can't handle it they quit find another job mabey you should consider that option.

Coen77- thanks for your insight on this board.would you please explain the whole furlough situation,is it the same as a layoff are you still being paid,are you called back? can you claim unemployment ? thanks in advance
 #882443  by Smittytimes

@Dirtydave. For a new hire trackworker you seem to know quite a bit about conductors. How about you keep your mouth shut and answer trackworker questions when asked? Leave the rest to people who know, not people who think they know.