Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am GP40 lettering

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#778727  by wseamo1

Good afternoon,

I'm doing some research in hopes of modeling the Pan Am GP-40, probably cab number 307.
The slanted PAN AMS RAILWAY lettering is very unique. I haven't been able to find a font
that matches it. Does anyone have a real close up shot of the lettering where I could trace
the letters? The blue paint scheme is so striking. I'd love to get this thing 100% accurate!!!

On second thought, the logo next to it would be great as well.
Thanks,

Bill
 #911491  by Storknest

What if you are doing digital art?
What font would be close to the recent lettering?
I had a name once, I figure if I can get it again, I could just stretch the right spots on the letters.