Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#728927  by ascotell

This morning one of the new path train car sets hit the bumper at 33rd street. Some injuries, I hope everyone is okay anyone have any other updates then that?
 #729118  by trackguy

We should focus on what exactly happened and what caused the train to hit the bumping block at 33rdt Street station this morning during rush hour... if it is mechanical or electrical, does anyone have any details of what mechanical or electrical components have contributed to this accident, perhaps faulty breaks, air, on-board computer system?! I hope no one's seriously hurt from this accident, especially the Engineer when he absorbs the impact... my prayers to all people who were injured in this event this morning... if anyone was on that train, if you could I'm curious about if you could please describe what it was felt like when the train hit the bumping block... and also I hope you are OK...
 #729128  by Erie

There is someone in the comments section on the NYT site that claims to have been on this morning's train. I'll cross-post here for convenience and put the link to the article below.

"I was on that train the first car. I flew about 5-6 feet and lot of other people in the middle did so.
Bruised slightly my tailbone, but I didn’t wait to get treated. The pain is gone. Nothing serious happened.
Hopefully those who got treatment weren’t getting it just to sue PATH. Too many scumbags these days
— Hobokenist"

full story and comments: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... ain-crash/
 #732932  by anothertraindude

Kind of surprised as an insider that there is NO information, even the usual rumors that are tradition at PATH. I would have AIDS according to my coworkers at sighting of weight loss, or injured myself because I wore brown shoes, white socks and a green tie but nobody knows ANYTHING, except for the extent of injuries to the crew as of this date. I wonder if Kawasaki's black box is telling them something that the FRA, and Kawasaki don't want to hear.
 #733016  by lostsoul

anothertraindude wrote:Kind of surprised as an insider that there is NO information, even the usual rumors that are tradition at PATH. I would have AIDS according to my coworkers at sighting of weight loss, or injured myself because I wore brown shoes, white socks and a green tie but nobody knows ANYTHING, except for the extent of injuries to the crew as of this date. I wonder if Kawasaki's black box is telling them something that the FRA, and Kawasaki don't want to hear.
Of course its the trains fault there crap but you know there gonna blame the crew cus blaming the new train would be bad PR. wonder who kawasaki paid off so path would order there trains
 #760281  by TREnecNYP

The track involved has a brand new bumper in place, and it looked like the "shelf" overhanging the track has some damage from the bumper hitting into it.

- A