Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Discussion

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#721072  by sixflagscoasters

polybalt wrote:
But, what were the brackets and hooks for, that you mentioned in a previous post?^ Thanks for the info.
My guess would be added hardware to allow mounting trolley poles to cars not previously equipped with them? The "hooks" would be the hooks required to keep the pole down.
Thanks for the info on the brackets and hooks!

octr202 wrote:Just back from a long day at the museum...

The structural work on Highwood is done. The asphalt walkways have to be redone, but I heard plans are in place for this. Cars are starting to migrate back to the barn, but due to the ASL 100 dedication Friday, a lot of the Maine cars were brought out for display, so everything is rather jumbled right now compared to the normal arrangement of things. Good chances to see cars that are normally hidden (such as the North Shore pair of 420 and 755 which are still together).

The trolley hooks are already on the Bridge car out by the entrance that is being repainted (I think that's 1018 out front).
Thanks for the Seashore update!
 #722152  by aline1969

We had a good pumpkin patch day Saturday but since the weather was bad Sunday.. not as good. Friday was interesting.. a good event for 100 but two pesky cars decided to fall off the RR. Can you say MOTHER!!!!
 #724086  by sixflagscoasters

Going by what this web site says ( http://www.shore-line.org/trolleyville_update2.html ), Seashore as bought the following cars:

* Cleveland Rys. Peter Witt trailer 2365

(cant find a picture of the car above.)

* Cleveland Transit System “Bluebird” rapid transit car 113

http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?21596

I do not know when the cars will be moved to Seashore, also what condition the cars are in. Maybe some who knows the cars will have an idea what shape they are in, and when they will arrive at Seashore.
 #724187  by aline1969

Ok, someone beat me to the punch.. I rode the bus this am with the man who is paying for the cars. We also bought the Detriot car from Northern Ohio museum and we just got the Edmonton trolley bus delivered.
 #724319  by octr202

Wow - this is going to be another busy fall - we should get a couple more packages of Atlas Snap-Trak for the museum too, looks like we're gonna need it. ;-)
 #724324  by octr202

Should have added...

Frank Hicks has photos of a number of the cars involved posted on naphotos.nerail.org.

The center entrance trailer: http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... y=hicksco2

Looks like the 113 is lurking behind it in that photo. Both cars look to be in pretty good shape from that photo, obviously that's a real guess on the 113.
 #724494  by aline1969

Now, once people donate some kind cash for the motors on Cleveland motor car 1227 we can hook this trailer we just bought from Trolleyville and run the two car set. We will become the only museum to accomplish this since Trolleyville no longer exists. Our existing trailer 2318 needs major work and the body may be donated to Northern Ohio.
 #724693  by StevieC48

StevieC48 wrote:I have a mini van and I am going for the day I have 3 seats available just PM me let me know who wants the ride and where you live. Stevie
UPDATE: Bad news kids, I will unable to attend Transit Day this year because my kidneys are going down hill. This leaves me exausted all the time and traveling long distances wear me out now a days so I apologize for any incovience I may have caused any one. Please reply in a private message if you want and not on this board.

Thanks
Stevie Hemeon
 #724747  by octr202

aline1969 wrote:Now, once people donate some kind cash for the motors on Cleveland motor car 1227 we can hook this trailer we just bought from Trolleyville and run the two car set. We will become the only museum to accomplish this since Trolleyville no longer exists. Our existing trailer 2318 needs major work and the body may be donated to Northern Ohio.
Just to facilitate: http://www.trolleymuseum.org/news/1227MotorFundraiser.pdf :wink:
 #724846  by aline1969

StevieC48 wrote:
StevieC48 wrote:I have a mini van and I am going for the day I have 3 seats available just PM me let me know who wants the ride and where you live. Stevie
UPDATE: Bad news kids, I will unable to attend Transit Day this year because my kidneys are going down hill. This leaves me exausted all the time and traveling long distances wear me out now a days so I apologize for any incovience I may have caused any one. Please reply in a private message if you want and not on this board.

Thanks
Stevie Hemeon

I am going up Saturday morning wicked early so if anyone wants a ride let me know
 #725960  by aline1969

The day was great!!! Lots of buses running around, trackless parade involving Boston 8361, Johnstown 713, Boston 4028, Swiss coach/trailer, Edmonton 125. There was a trip done with the two old Boston EL cars, 0210 and 01000. Later a trip was done on the R9 subway cars from NY city. The bus group showed up from NY with their Flexible bus, great group of guys. We took two fishbowls to dinner Saturday night.
 #727526  by aline1969

Something that was done on Transit day was a first for Seashore... we operated in a parade 5 trolley buses. Lead by Johnstown 713 (1941 coach), then Boston 8361 (1948 coach), then Boston 4028 (1976 coach), then Edmonton 125 (1982 coach), then the swiss coach and trailer (1962 coach)
 #729713  by Frank Hicks

In reply to octr202, in the photo linked to (http://transit.nerail.org/showpic/?phot ... 116399.jpg), the car in the left background is Southern Iowa freight motor 100 (sold to Pennsylvania Trolley Museum for parts) and the car in the right background is Cleveland center-door car 1225 (sold to Northern Ohio Railway Museum). I believe that 113 may be stored on the RTA along with the other high-floor equipment including the CA&E fleet, the Airporter and work car OX. The most recent online photo of 113 I've found is from over 15 years ago, but there's a 2002 photo of sister car 101 (which was scrapped a couple of years ago) at http://www.davesrailpix.com/hicks/htm/hicks151.htm. I would guess that 113's condition is comparable.

In other news, I received an e-mail that Seashore has purchased Detroit Peter Witt 3876 from the Ohio Railway Museum, which had put the car up for sale. If true this would make a significant addition to the National Collection, as I believe Detroit was one of the largest systems not yet represented at Seashore. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Frank Hicks