Railroad Forums 

• Op-Ed piece and reaction

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#71926  by Greg Moore

http://www.lincolntribune.com/modules/n ... toryid=330

Once again an op-ed piece basically saying, "Amtrak has to fix itself."

Now first what I love about pieces like this is they seem to think that Amtrak is intentionally broken and that some single magic cure will "fix everything." It shows a complete lack of understanding of the issue. (This is not to say that there is not necessarily valid criticism of Amtrak and the way it runs itself.)

What I found more interesting though were the replies. So far to a T they disagree with the op-ed piece. I think this shows there's support for Amtrak out there, despite what many politicians seem to want to believe.

#71964  by RMadisonWI

My comment is the second one on the list below the article.
 #71968  by Gilbert B Norman

MODERATOR'S NOTE

This op-ed piece is drawn from the recent report by DOT Inspector General. We have active discussion here at the Forum regarding such atanother thread.

Please do not misunderstand, Mr. Moore; you acted in good faith. However, I would like to consolidate discussion of this topic at one thread.

Accordingly, this thread is locked. You are welcome to resubmit this material at that thread.

GBN