Railroad Forums 

• Genesee & Wyoming MP15DC

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#707074  by wseamo1

Hello everyone,

I'm doing some research on the MP15DC and I'd like your opinions on the aft paint scheme. Specifically I'm interested
in the flat surface around the sand fills as well as the angled face of the compartment. Based on some images I've seen, I believe this area is Orange which causes the upper black stripe to thin out as it wraps around the aft. Is this accurate?

Thanks

Bill

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=481811
 #707142  by wseamo1

Are those rear steps black, or does the paint scheme wrap over the steps. They appear to be black
from images I've seen.
 #707223  by nydepot

I recall really grimy orange steps. I always assumed they were orange for safety and then got dirty. Notice how the tops of the sandboxes are dirty orange. All the cab steps are the same shade.

Charles
 #707304  by scottychaos

Bill,
something I forgot to mention before..
you might already know this, but the G&W MP15's were repainted at some point, and the scheme is slightly different after the repaint..

original scheme: (photo from 1997)

Current: (photo from 2007)

notice the black striping is slightly different, thicker and lower, and that might also effect your sandbox striping, depending on which era you are modeling..also the logo placement is different, cab number is larger, and the Operation Lifesaver artwork was added..

Scot
 #707963  by scharnhorst

oh yeah I see the diffrence the bottom stripe is a floor level on the repaint compared to the older paint job. That and the Addtion of Operation Life Saver.