Railroad Forums 

• Olean Enginehouse/Train Dispatching System

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#703686  by Smtimko

An informed source indicates that construction on the Olean Enginehouse will soon resume, with steel erection possibly taking place as early as this week.

Additionally, WNYP Train Dispatcher in Olean also dispatches the LAL & B&H. A new computered assisted dispatching system is being installed for the purpose of enhancing safety and the effeciency of operations. The LAL & B&H will go on line in September with the WNYP being cutover shortly afterwards.

SMT
 #704769  by rrfoose

Glad to hear construction will be resuming soon. Any idea on how long it will take to finish building the facilities?

Not to side-track this topic, but approx. how many carloads is the WNY&P moving per year now? The only number I've ever seen was 2000 carloads from their startup year, but I'm sure that's risen sense then - addition of the Buffalo line, NS coal trains, new industries, etc.
 #706702  by Otto Vondrak

rrfoose wrote:Not to side-track this topic, but approx. how many carloads is the WNY&P moving per year now? The only number I've ever seen was 2000 carloads from their startup year, but I'm sure that's risen sense then - addition of the Buffalo line, NS coal trains, new industries, etc.
You probably want to ask that in a new topic... we're talking about the new enginehouse and new dispatching systems.