Railroad Forums 

• Luggage lockers in union station (Wash DC)

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#62640  by flynnt

Hi,

Does anyone know if they have luggage lockers in union station and how much they cost? They only have to be big enough to hold a backpack?

If union station doesn't have them, does anyplace in DC?

Thanks.
 #62642  by Noel Weaver

I might be wrong but I think luggage lockers have been removed from all
Amtrak stations. I think you can check suitcases and stuff at the baggage
counter on a day basis at a reasonable cost. I know I was able to do it
at Boston a year or two ago without any problems.
Noel Weaver

#62644  by RMadisonWI

Granted, it's been a couple of years, but there was a separate baggage room at WAS that I used to store a bag for a few hours.

Luggage lockers are still available at Chicago Union Station. I used them earlier this year, and have seen them more recently.

#62789  by NY&LB

At WAS the coin operated lockers are all closed, however, the is a room by the Gate B (I think that's right) area, the MARC gate, that accepts bags for short term storage. I use it often to leave my bag in the morning when I have a day of meetings/work and am leaving in the evening. Cost is based upon size (S,M,L) and time, for a airline type roll on bag, it's around $4.00 for all day. You will need a picture ID to store your bag, they write the info down, and you pay in advance.