Railroad Forums 

• Southwest Chief Rerouted?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#61711  by Raakone

I have a friend who lives near Kirkwood who said he saw the Chief pass by, and a photo at http://gatermannt.homeip.net/gallery/Re ... cropped900 indicates that today there was some train that isn't normally there, behind Anne Rutledge. Anyone know aht's going on? Is it a rerouted chief? Or is for some reason Superliners being sent that way?

~Ra'akone

#61717  by RMadisonWI

I saw a note elsewhere saying that there was a derailment blocking the Chief's route. Niota, IL, was given as the location, but I don't know much beyond that.
 #61846  by Gilbert B Norman

Apparently, there was a reroute of #4(15) and #3 (17) via St Louis over the Ann Rutledge route (UP). Reportedly, there was a derailment on the BNSF near Ft Madison.

What I find most interesting is that you wouldn't knw it from reviewing the Check Train Status at the website. It simply showed a late #4rather than the usual "service disruption". It even showed arrival times for intermediate stops such as Galesburg and Naperville; apparently those were times for a bustitution to make the scene.
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#61970  by AmtrakFan

That was a sight to see for MO Railfans like when 7/8 Detoured via BNSF on less than 12 Hr. Notice.

AmtrakFan