Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #419713  by newkirk

Are there any surviving MP-54s to be found anywhere ? A similar query was posted on the SEPTA board for the SEPTA MP-54s. I would appreciate it any help.

#419753  by JimBoylan

Railroad Museum of Strassburg, Pennsylvania
Delaware & Ulster Rail Ride, Arkville, N.Y.

#422831  by Richard_Glueck

RMLI is cutting up their remaining two, and the one at Kennebunkport should be cut up.
These old cars just dissolved from corrosion.
 #580232  by JC1076

On the far side of Greenwich Yard in South Philadelphia, near the water tower west of Pier 122, there are two derelict MP54s; they apparently were/are owned by the Wilmington & Western RR but have not been moved for some time. They're both in very poor condition, unfortunately, but they can be seen from I-95 North. I was able to get some good photos of them:

http://prr1361.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=1196247

http://prr1361.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=1196248
 #582074  by limejuice

There's some Septa MP54's up in Milford on the Bel Del on private property.
 #582081  by JC1076

limejuice wrote:There's some Septa MP54's up in Milford on the Bel Del on private property.
Where in Milford? Can they be seen from a public area (road, lot, etc)?
 #585677  by NJT4272

JC1076 wrote:
limejuice wrote:There's some Septa MP54's up in Milford on the Bel Del on private property.
Where in Milford? Can they be seen from a public area (road, lot, etc)?
They cannot be seen from any public area. They're inside the JCP&L's Gilbert Generating Plant. They're owned by the URHS.

They're not going to be there much longer. Plans are to scrap most of them. One that was cosmetically restored many years ago will be saved and could be moving out of there in the not so distant future. Stay tuned!

Check out the pics of those cars
 #599199  by Conrail8124

They scrapped the one at RRM of PA? When? Why? That's the one that was in PC paint right?