Railroad Forums 

• Model Museum

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#541209  by russoj78

For Otto & Red Arrow Fan.
Thanx for replies.
I really need some expert help here.
If there are no potential Members in the area to reply- And I stupidly bought the place-
I may end up like the guy who bought a Hobby Shop on a deserted Island.
So that's why I would hate to spend the money on the expensive Gas.
'cause I'm really BROKE.
The only assert I have is my Home which I will use for the Building.
So with no other income- I have to get this Museum/Shop started.
But, again- with no one joining me as members/Volunteers-
I'll be all alone with a Building too large for me to handle by myself.
Not counting the LOCATION may be real bad for business and I can't depend on Hobbies alone as we all know by now.

I did not expect Modelers to INVEST as you suggested. Of course- if your willing to get in on the Ground Floor- That would mean you live nearby.
But, I don't see that.
So, I may as well cancel my trip, since I can't seem to get anyone- no matter where I find a Building- As I've already tried-- Scanton PA.,
Altoona, & several other places and I could never get anyone to respond.

If you were in my place- where would you advertise??. MRR Mag- the prices are phenominal. I was willing to try $100.00, but their ads start around $1000.00.
Seems like I'm cursed.
Any really good advise is greatly WELLCOMED.
Desperate, Joe :(

#541462  by Otto Vondrak

Joe-

First, let's try to keep the discussion in one place so we can all follow it.

Second, you might want to try contacting local hobby shops and model railroad clubs in your area. I bet there's an established club out there that would love to have a permanent home. Or a couple of clubs.

Third, start small. Don't try to do it all at once... take small steps.

See the thread at: http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51955

-otto-