Railroad Forums 

• Avon rail yard action 4/8/2008

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#523231  by railwatcher

I caught the southbound train yesterday afternoon arriving in Avon, at Barilla Dr.

#425 and #420About to reach the yard limit.

#523237  by railwatcher

There was a large cut of cars for Barilla that they dropped, surely ten or more cars. Then dropped some more covered hopper cars further down in the yard on the new westside siding. #425 and #420 are pulling down by the newly installed switch so they could back the cars in.

#425 and #420 pulling a cut of tank cars for spotting onto track 2, they pass a parked carload of telephone poles on Track 3

#523241  by railwatcher

After dropping the tank cars #425 and #420 are back on the main and backing down past the Former Avon Station, Duffy's Tavern.
and the front of #425 after it backs by me.

From here they went back and hooked onto the Lakeville bound cars and headed south out of town.

You can see the rest of the shots I have taken by clicking on the picture below:

#525870  by thebigham

Thanks for the pics!