Railroad Forums 

• Seek Steam Locomotive Builder and Passenger Rail Car Builder

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#489769  by RoyP

Seek
1. builder of 24g live steam locomotive.
2. builder of full size, standard gauge steam locomotives for new tourist railroad to be located in Western USA.
Our full company profile to your email address.
Sub-contractor shop wanted.

#495068  by Low_water

Here are a couple of possible sources for new standard gauge full-size steam locomotives:

DLM in Switzerland can build modern steam locomotives meeting your needs:

DLM Ltd
Im Geren 14
CH-8352 Räterschen
Switzerland
Tel: 0041 52 368 21 00
Fax: 0041 52 368 21 10
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.dlm-ag.ch

The Strasburg Railroad's shop in Strasburg, PA can also build new steam locomotives:

Strasburg Railroad
P. O. Box 96
Strasburg, PA 17579-0096
Phone: (717) 687-8421
E-mail: VP-Shops, Kelly Anderson at:
[email protected]
 #495093  by RoyP

Some of the best. The issues: DLM - The Euro is stronger against the dollar, and 2. Strasburg - Their fame is well recognized and their current projects cause new projects to extend too far into the future for expected completion. But yes. These are two of the best. My networking over these past twelve years, has always included these two companies. Now we have a customer continueing to state that he is funded and giving me repeated assurance of their intention to engage my company as project manager. Well, I am preparing for this eventuallity that my company will be the project manager for this new railroad. Thank you for the referral.

#495175  by Low_water

(post deleted)
Last edited by Low_water on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

#495176  by Low_water

Roy,

DLM will not be cheap up front, but their engines would likely be the least expensive to operate (fuel and maintenance) compared to other likely engines. They may also have access to financing plans that would be attractive.

If you can live with used, rebuilt engines from China, these guys can fix you up:

Multipower International, Inc.
Mr. Qiang (Chung) Ge
P.O. Box 197
Towaco, NJ, USA 07082
Tel:/fax (973) - 331 - 7242

Multipower's website: http://www.multipowerinternational.com/

They have also stated they can supply new locomotives, but as far as I know none have been built there since 1999.

Good Luck!