Railroad Forums 

• When is the target date for the WNYP's Buffalo line?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#421923  by Otto Vondrak

Since I'm not ready to go to bat for my source, I'd probably go with 5400's information. I don't want to stir up the pot of speculation any more... I'm sure we'll know all about it when the first WNYP train rolls!

So I'd like to change my answer to "August 3."

-otto-

#428200  by Anchorman

Just heard today the last day the H5W/H4W will be running will be Aug. 2nd. The 3rd is the last day for the line as part of NS, but that would put the 5W in Renovo. I guess they won't be running them for their Friday trip. Of course the WNYP will take care of the line better than NS. Having state grants and tax free status sure helps. Good luck with your Alco's on the hill. They'll get a workout.
 #428202  by amtrakhogger

Will the signal system remain intact or will WYN&P petition the FRA
to turn it off and run manual block?

#428863  by railwatcher

Luther Brefo wrote:Signals are supposed to stay up for now.
Do we have a source for this information? There are questions concerning who will be getting the controls for this, and/or the electric bill.

#428868  by pablo

Legally, the signals can't be shut down without authorization.

The signals will stay up for now. Luther probably heard it from the same source I did.

Dave Becker

#429915  by RS-3

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on tomorrow. I'm no lawyer but the odds of the STB reversing themselves on this would appear to me to be pretty slim.

RS

#430221  by Anchorman

August 3rd it is. All the Olean jobs got abolished today, as did the H5w/H4W. The NS I heard will run a special train possibly tomorrow to Machias for the remaining Olean cars they have in Bison yard, but after that, no more interchange there. Until the BP takes over between Gravity and Machias, NS might establish a local out of Buffalo to service Arcade and Delevan 2 or 3 days a week. WNYP - good luck!!!