Railroad Forums 

• Tyburn Railroad 44-tonner

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

#427111  by pgengler

I happened to be trawling through some Yahoo search results looking for anything about the Hoboken Shore I hadn't seen before when I came upon a 2005-dated roster listing (here) for the Tyburn Railroad which lists an ex-Hoboken Shore 44-tonner (ex-HBS #700, now #400 by way of the New Hope & Ivyland). I've never heard of the Tyburn before, but my quick searches turned up that it's a shortline in/near the Morrisville area, though I didn't find much more recent than the date on the roster.

So, I have two questions. First, is the railroad still around, and second, do they still have the 44-tonner? If so, is there any way I could get some photos of it? I'd love to be able to catch this unit.

[I cross-posted this topic in the PA Railfan forum; if it should only be in one place or the other feel free to remove one, or ask and I'll delete it myself.]

#427968  by mountie17

Phil-

I have a photo of one of the 44 tonners, it'll take me a little time to find it, however.

#428914  by mountie17

Well, I can't find the photo, but I do remember the loco was green with white stripes and some red trimming, possibly on the frame? It was pretty sharp looking, though. Will post a photo if I can locate it.

#428916  by pgengler

Thanks. I found out in the other thread that the locomotive is still around. I'm planning to head down to check it out this weekend.