Railroad Forums 

• SPECULATIVE BNSF & NS MERGER (RUMORS/DISCUSSION HERE)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#303171  by Engineer James

Thats true. However maybe they should consider a scheme that would fit all the roads.
 #303401  by Komachi

That has yet to be seen.

As is any tangable proof of a merger, which nobody has submitted yet (kind of the reason I originally started this thread, get beyond the "what if's" and "Hey, I saw BNSF and NS units together in XYZ yard...").

#304117  by Engineer James

Yeah, but are there signs for those of us who SEE BNSF locos on NS trains, almost everyday? They are increasing thyere are atleast 5 last time I looked at Wayne Yard... running to Rouge River Yard on the NS (ex-CR)

#319735  by route_rock

Last time people its called POWER SHARING!!!!!!! I have seen Ferrocarril motors on BNSF so does this mean we are merging with them now :-D Anyway GALNSI and PASCWY get NS motors that have come to us through POWER SHARING say it with me class.
 #320026  by Komachi

I was looking at some pics on railpictures.net (or a similar site) and saw one of the Winona, MN roads (can't remember off hand if it was UP or SOO/CP) power lashed up with some NS units. The caption noted that the NS units were being used because of a number of bad order units (power shortage, anyone?) on that road.

So, I'm going to assume that's one reason, besides "time share" (for lack of a better phrase) units appearing on various railroads.

Alright, now, I've had this thread available for about three months now, and yet, nobody can offer REAL, TANGABLE PROOF of said merger. What say you, fellow mythbusters? Myth busted? Unless someone can offer up some ACTUAL information by December 1 (2006), I'm going to lock this one down. If anything new comes up, you can PM me, and I'll unlock the thread for said info. to be posted and commented upon.

There will be no new threads on this subject after that point.

I will, however, allow for "fantasy speculation" in a seperate thread for you guys to dream up "what ifs." But NO discussion of the topic beyond this thread and that one.

So, last call...

Tangable proof? Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

#320040  by pablo

I like what you did here, in both theory and application. Lock 'er down.

Dave Becker

#320051  by Engineer James

Yep, this thing has been talked over enough.