Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#176024  by PRRGuy

Metra may have the munchkins but we (NICTD) have MC's best kept secret: the oompa loompas. :P At least the purple face is better seen in the white snow. The survival rate is alot higher here lol

#176870  by Tadman

well over here at the former Thrall Car company plant 1&2, the South Park "underwear gnomes" help steal railroad artifacts from the old factory - PM me if you want a Thrall brochure on their line of railroad cars... or some office furniture, racks, crane parts, derails, "men at work" blue flag signs...

also, I figured they frequently repainted the trucks on the bilevels to keep them that shiny, but that's gotta be a lot of dough. Unless munchkins aren't subjected to minimum wage.

#246034  by MikeF

CSS 2007 will arrive in Janesville, Wis., today on its way to the WSOR paint shop in Horicon, Wis. Here are two pictures of it near Bardwell, Wis., this morning:

#253932  by PRRGuy

The 2007's back in town. It came in this morning about 3am. It looks great. It's inside the rip track building right now, so expect to see it out soon....also, it's facing west for the photographers out there.

So now we have a back to back set of the new paint jobs.
Last edited by PRRGuy on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#253961  by railohio

Figures. I was there on Monday. *sigh*

#317245  by MikeF

CSS 2008 left the Horicon paint shop last night. It will be headed to Chicago on tonight's train out of Janesville. Look for it on the South Shore in a few days.

#317730  by Tadman

yeah me too

guess that's what you get for moving 500 miles away

are they spraying some rust undercoating on the walkways these days?