Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#303695  by CSS&SB702

Caboose 001 sure looks like crap. Damn kids. Why is there an EOT on the back of the caboose? Seems redundant.

#303786  by PRRGuy

Rumor has it that all 3 cabooses are to be repainted after all 10 GP38's are done. As for that EOT...well, no one rides back there except on backup moves.

#303862  by Tadman

Noooooooooooo!!!

They've got to keep the cabooses in the ATSF paint - it's become a part of the South Shore character for the last twenty years! When I was in the 7th grade and we had to make a clay model in art class, it was a CSS/ATSF caboose with the yellow "target" logo painted fully yellow, and an orange CSS logo in the center.

#304146  by dinwitty

Thats it, BNSF must repaint all their stuff to South Shore orange and maroon stripe... :wink:

#304502  by Tadman

Ya'll make your smart aleck remarks about my nostalgic feelings for ATSF-painted CSS-lettered cabs, but when I get back to South Bend in a few days, I'm posting a pic of my clay ATSF/CSS caboose. And hardy-har-har to the creator of the green BN/CSS caboose.

#304640  by dinwitty

roofles prrguy...