Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#294784  by PRRGuy

SouthShore Freight is running a 2 car business train from Shops to MP 74.0 crossover today. I grabbed some photos of it at Burnham Yard inside and out. SS freight is running 2 trips a day monday thru thursday next week for its freight customers.

The cars are from Creative Charters and are a Dome Obs "Warren R Henry" and a sleeper " Evelyn Henry". Both cars are set in a Santa Fe theme with items from its passenger service inside. They are painted in a cream and blue paint scheme with a "SouthShore Freight" drumhead on the Obs. Engines 2000 and 2007 will be on this train all week as they're in the new paint scheme.

I'll be posting pics shortly.

http://www.phcp.com/creativeincentives.htm

Before I forget the schedule for the trips.

The morning trip will run ahead of train 14 westbound and depending on time will either run ahead or behind train 107 back to shops.
The afternoon trip will run ahead of train 18..I'm not sure about it's return trip...perhaps after train 11.