Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#24439  by Jayjay1213

on 2 Jun, that was the CP coming over at like 8pm, and Friday night around 1am that was the PW

Jason

#24697  by WIN Tower

anybody notice the the C.P. train yesterday ? at 2:50p. i just caught the last corner of the last car of whatever was headed south to Fremont , i don't know what train or for that matter if it was a train .

#24749  by DogBert

WIN Tower wrote:anybody notice the the C.P. train yesterday ? at 2:50p. i just caught the last corner of the last car of whatever was headed south to Fremont , i don't know what train or for that matter if it was a train .
Maybe they outlawed at oak Point again. When they do that they tend to come into FP around 3pm.

I was out of town much of the day, but I do know CSX made a round trip early. 2 light engines went back over the bridge around 10AM

#24843  by WIN Tower

the CSX train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 10:30a this morning , three engines with a train .

#25090  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:35p . two engines and about thirty cars .

#25615  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound at 4:30p . again due to foliage i missed the engines , about twentyfive cars were in the train , four of which were flats with M-1's aboard .

#26442  by WIN Tower

at 6:00p. this evening a train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound to Oak Point . i did not see the engines and missed most of the train again due to foliage but i imagine it was the C.P. train and my question is , were there any flatcars with M-1's aboard in the consist ?

#26575  by DogBert

Cp indeed - no M1s, just a few mixed cars and a LOT of stone cars, total length 29-30 cars...

#26831  by WIN Tower

at 4:55p the CSX train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. northbound . two CSX engines and train followed by the C.P. train at 5:15p with two engines and twenty one cars .

#27425  by DogBert

CP came in last night at 3AM - very loud at that hour, you can hear it coming a mile away. Usual 2 engine schtick, around 30 cars, 20 or so of which were stone.

CP seems to be delivering a few more cars of stone this year compared than last - or is that just my imagination?

#28612  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R at 4:25p northbound . two engines with about nineteen cars .

#28883  by DogBert

Push Pull, anyone?

CSX went over HG bronx bound around 11:30 this morning, with a single B36 on the front end, about 40 cars, and a GP40 (I believe it had #6247 on it - making it a GP and not an SD, though I might be wrong) on the tail end, apparently shut down.

Quiet the odd sight... Just when I thought the CSX train was getting boring...

#29174  by Scrap em All

You witnessed a very rare sight indeed. First you seen a GP40 This is the first time I seen one in Pond for 3 years. I actually had to do a double take on that one. Sounds just like the usuall SD40 but I noticed that the road # was different so I looked at the trucks and holy @%*^ its a GP40!
The second rarity was the double ended deal, a first ever in my career at NYA. The CSX job ran light from the Bronx to Pond to pick up the empties, but the geniuses forgot a marker!! We did not have one readily available so they used the GP40 as a 100 ton yellow marker. That B36 must have been screaming for mercy on the Hell Gate.

#29209  by DogBert

it was pretty loud, but moving along decently speed wise. A few months ago when they went with that single B36 it was just crawling along at 2 or 3 mph. Same amount of cars too. The last thing I expected was the GP at the end...

Forgot the marker... classic :) maybe they should start bringing cabooses.. little harder to forget those, heh heh heh!

#29894  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. at 4:25p northbound . two engines and about twenty one cars .