Railroad Forums 

• WNYP #432 and Traveler - 7/28

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#274734  by railwatcher

WNYP #432 and the Traveler business car passed through Avon southbound on the LAL, this evening near dusk. Also on the short train was 1 gondola which was dropped on a siding south of Avon. By 9:10pm the engine and business car were in the Lakeville yard.

#275019  by the1jp

I heard them go through the 5 & 20 crossing at 8:15.
Was the diesel red?
Didn't they leave more empty gons (like 5or 6) on the siding on the hill where the other maintenance cars are kept?

#275394  by VTM

Train consist was, departing Hornell, 432 and Traveller along with 6 carloads of company material, four of which were left in Avon and the other two left between Avon and Lakeville.

10 carloads left at Hornell were for furtherance by NS to the B&H in preparation for the upcoming rehabilitation.

VTM

#275434  by Luther Brefo

VTM wrote:Train consist was, departing Hornell, 432 and Traveller along with 6 carloads of company material, four of which were left in Avon and the other two left between Avon and Lakeville.

10 carloads left at Hornell were for furtherance by NS to the B&H in preparation for the upcoming rehabilitation.

VTM
Thanks for the details. This makes it much more clear. So now I ask, did anyone get pics of them at Genesee Junction or Avon or Lakeville?

#275436  by nessman

Are LAL/WNYP crews qualified to run on the Rochester & Southern and the NS Southern Tier between Hornell and Silver Springs? Or are they using pilots from those RR's? Sounds like these moves are made with just LAL/WNYP power.

#275487  by Luther Brefo

nessman wrote:Are LAL/WNYP crews qualified to run on the Rochester & Southern and the NS Southern Tier between Hornell and Silver Springs? Or are they using pilots from those RR's? Sounds like these moves are made with just LAL/WNYP power.
From what I recall, they normally only need a pilot from the host railroad. Though I could be wrong.