Railroad Forums 

• Freight Operations on the "Northern" New Hampshire Mainline

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1641316  by NHV 669

CPF66 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am Which I should add to that topic point, there were photos posted of land clearing going on in Lowell or NC, I forgot where exactly the gravel transload guy was looking to locate. But regardless, there is work being done on that side of the operation, and I think VRS still has those exSNC tailings cars on the property.
It's Lynch Construction, located off the south leg of the Lowell Junction wye:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/eTj1BWsvmRkmJaKx7

They were awarded grant money a few years ago for the project, GMaps clearly doesn't show much going on at present. Someone more local may have a better idea of what's going on. I think we're at close to 5 years of waiting on that one.