Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1632044  by Jeff Smith

Up until now I think we’ve had separate threads on individual establishments. I couldn’t find a centralized thread, so I’m starting one.

This restaurant is in the former station building at Stratford. I didn’t try it but it looks good.
Attachments:
IMG_7981.jpeg
IMG_7981.jpeg (433.22 KiB) Viewed 837 times
 #1632465  by L'mont

Southport CT has a nice spot called Paci in the outbound station house.

Mamaroneck has had a few spots.

Dobbs Ferry has a nicely renovated building with a restaurant.

Always thought they needed to do something with the Crestwood station. It's an attractive little building in a nice location. Could easily be a small restaurant with some outdoor seating
 #1632467  by Jeff Smith

L'mont wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:55 am
Mamaroneck has had a few spots.
The station first had “The Club Car” which lasted maybe a year? Now it’s “Modern on the Rails”, which seems to be very popular.

On the outbound side across Halstead Avenue is “Village Station”. Been there a couple times, good “pub” fare.

Station houses make great space for a restaurant, but it can be anything trackside.
 #1632525  by R36 Combine Coach

Station House at Port Chester has closed, as Golden Krust at Spring Valley.

Donut Crazy, eastbound station at Westport (formerly Steam Coffee)

Daily Fare Bakery is at the new Bethel station (leased from ConnDOT).

Southbound Cafe & Bar at Pearl River

Don't forget Grand Central dining concourse, Oyster Bar and Campbell Apartment.

While not a full restaurant and more fast food, 7-Eleven recently opened at Mount Vernon West station.
 #1632566  by Kilgore Trout

I wouldn't really say it's walkable from the station, but Two Roads Brewing Company in Stratford is indeed trackside, and has (or had, last time I passed by) a fake white-and-red station sign facing the tracks on the back side of the building with their name on it.