Railroad Forums 

• The Guilford Wreck Train... Photos & Questions

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1633565  by Jeff Smith

CVRA7 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 pm The disposal of the former Pan Am wreck trains of both Waterville Maine and East Deerfield, MA has begun and it seems that most items will be preserved by a number of different heritage railroads and railroad museums. Speaking as a member of the Railroad Museum of New England board of trustees we are obtaining the former troop sleeper - B&M mail-express car and the flat car with the caboose body. Sorry, I don't yet have numbers for these cars.
Here's the caboose car:

#1633566  by Jeff Smith

NHV 669 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:34 pm 249 is the sleeper, 77 is the caboose flat.
Caboose car above; I must have missed the troop sleeper (I have the two REA cars somewhere), I'll keep going. Looks like 249 is now numbered 9997 and arrived May 2023.