Railroad Forums 

• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1630862  by BandA

I'm sure New England will face higher costs for cement when these "uneconomical" cement plants shut down. Owners will retain the operating cost savings and pass on the increased shipping costs!
 #1631041  by Emmett

Hey all, when does midcoast get through waldoboro in the morning and afternoon (rough estimates are ok) thank you!!
 #1631087  by Emmett

roger! thank you. what ab in the afternoon. ive always been told 2-5 but would like a slightly closer window. thanks y'all
 #1631171  by Emmett

thank you so much. that actually really helps. if they stay the same roughly i should catch the morning run monday of thanksgiving week (if i go up sunday). also NHV, do you have a yt channel
 #1631214  by craven

One thing I can't understand is, How could FLRR invest in this rail line without an audit of each business being served.
Knowing this information would/may have indicated a problem with Dragon Cement.
 #1631216  by NHV 669

Emmett wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:46 pm roger doger. u should try.
A three hour drive to a twice a week operation that randomly skips days, and is already on the move before 8 am is low on my list of current priorities in life, especially going into winter.
craven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:11 pm One thing I can't understand is, How could FLRR invest in this rail line without an audit of each business being served.
Knowing this information would/may have indicated a problem with Dragon Cement.
An audit isn't going to point out that a business would announce closure within 6 months; my own employer keeps hiring more people with no work for those already here.