Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1629698  by Bracdude181

The small portion that branches off the Southern in Lakehurst, where they pulled the nuclear waste out. They used to clear it regularly but only did the portion between the base entrance and the southern. Now they only cleared the part that’s inside the base.
 #1629701  by R&DB

The confusion is the goverments fault in renaming 3 seperate facilties into 1, causing people to use one name for all three.
Being a US Navy vet, to me it will always be Lakehurst. Keep those Army and Air Force folks over in New Egypt please.
 #1629703  by David

R&DB wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:29 pm The confusion is the goverments fault in renaming 3 seperate facilties into 1, causing people to use one name for all three.
Being a US Navy vet, to me it will always be Lakehurst. Keep those Army and Air Force folks over in New Egypt please.
Very good!
 #1629762  by Bracdude181

The boxcars for Woodhaven usually consist of stuff that can’t get wet or otherwise be shipped on centerbeams. Sometimes it’s roofing tiles, sometimes it’s oddly shaped lumber, sometimes it’s that crappy plywood that’s made with compressed wood chips which will fall apart when wet. Though other times it’s regular plywood, and it’s usually very large pieces of it.
 #1629798  by Bracdude181

North through Farmingdale 11:22 AM

Tracks are marked for new ties and seemingly rail from Main Street to just past Central Ave where the damage from the March 2022 derailment was. Conrails temporary fix they did at the time is falling apart but thankfully it seems that whole spot is gonna be replaced.

They also took the old rail that was sitting at Academy Street and marked that as well. Unsure what they plan on doing with it. Very short individual rail sections are sitting inside the gauge at Academy Street.

I apologize for the lack of pictures. Phone has been giving me hell about storage space so no room for pictures. Will attempt to find a solution when I can but have been super busy lately.
 #1629802  by Bracdude181

@SirRay They added the precast concrete footers for a new crossing to be installed but they have not put it up yet. Weirdly Conrail put those footers in and they are wide enough for the kind of crossing that Conrail would put up there…