Railroad Forums 

• Germantown NY scheduled passenger service

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1625025  by jhdeasy

A friend of mine, who is a docent at the Columbia County Historical Society, received an inquiry which he has referred to me.

When did scheduled passenger train service end at Germantown NY on the NYC Hudson Division?

Can any of you timetable collectors or experts answer this question?

The latest system timetable showing trains stopping at Germantown NY is dated July 12, 1959. The next one dated October 25, 1959 has a note for Germantown in the station index indicating refer to local timetables.
 #1625215  by edbear

November 1961 Official Guide has 10/29/61 NYC timetable and a southbound train had a conditional stop there. I have other later Guides, but I can't go looking for them now. So, after 1961 anyway.
 #1629434  by jamoldover

The October 1960 ETT shows the following trains stopping in Germantown:
Westbound (Croton - Albany): #79 Albany Beeliner 7:17am (Mon-Fri)
Eastbound (Albany - Croton): #80 Albany Beeliner 6:11pm (Mon-Fri)
Eastbound (Albany - GCT): #96 DeWitt Clinton 9:10pm (Daily)

I don't have a copy of anything more recent than that for the NYC, and there's nothing shown as stopping there in the April 1968 PC ETT I have.