Railroad Forums 

• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1625468  by johnpbarlow

IMO it's a shame that CSX is erecting such a permanent looking height clearance detector on the Stony Brook as it suggests that clearances for double stacked Eimskip containers using the CSX ex-SeaLand well cars won't happen any time soon. But I'm guessing that means more than a little surgery is required to accommodate such a project from Littleton to Waterville.
 #1625475  by neman2

If you look closely at the photo the height sensors are about half way up the posts. They are on a rod that they can be adjusted up and down on. Look for the units with the short cable loop.
 #1625568  by johnpbarlow

A double CWR train in CSX cars, W010, came east across the B&A led by a trio of CSX SD40-2s passing the Chester depot at 1944 Tuesday 7/11/23. W010 apparently originated at Russell KY and is bound for Ayer (and beyond presumably). I'm guessing it's 136lb rail but have no idea if it's new or relay rail as the Russell shop handles both.
Attachments:
CSX 2X CWR trains 3X SD40s Chester 071123.JPG
CSX 2X CWR trains 3X SD40s Chester 071123.JPG (102.04 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
 #1626219  by CPF363

Train did not appear to be full. Was some of the rail dropped along the Worcester Main Line between Still River and Harvard? That would complete all of the rail installation to that line.
 #1626255  by neman2

I took a quick field trip today to Harvard today. Keep in mind Still River Depot Rd. crossing Harvard is 2.25 miles west of an un-named crossing near #145 Depot Rd. in Harvard.

At Still River the crossing has been replaced with new rail, new rail laid out up to the west side of x-ing, new plates in the gauge of the track. No new rail east of this x-ing. Ten -wheel "Strategic Rail" grapple truck parked.

At the un-named crossing at #145 Depot the crossing has been renewed, plates laid out in the gauge, but no new rail laid out.
Does anybody know if the crossing at #145 Depot is an official crossing or just RR use? There are no signs at all but one could drive over the tracks easily.
 #1626783  by hillsboyro

3 vehicles were working the Hillsborough branch on Wednesday, but I'm not smart enough to know what they are. There was a hi railer truck, something to transport ties, and I think something to pull ties.