Railroad Forums 

• Boston Lodging

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1625154  by BAR

I am looking for recommendations for overnight lodging between Amtrak trains in Boston. Any suggestions other than the expensive big chain hotels? I would also consider something on one T lines out of South Station and close to the suburban station.

Thanks for any help.

BAR
 #1625157  by nomis

Verb Hotel in Fenway if there’s no events going on. It’s a former Howard Johnson that’s been retro-renovated in the last decade, opened in 2015 IIRC.
 #1625161  by BAR

Nomis,

Thanks for the recommendation.

BAR
 #1625169  by BAR

STrRedWolf,

Thanks. I will check it out.

BAR
 #1625268  by NaugyRR

My fiance and I stay at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf when we visit. It's a little on the expensive side, but it's within walking distance of South Station and across the street from Faneuil Hall and has some great views of the waterfront.
 #1625279  by BAR

NaugyRR,

Thanks. I'll take a look at their website.

BAR
 #1625284  by NaugyRR

nomis wrote:Verb Hotel in Fenway if there’s no events going on. It’s a former Howard Johnson that’s been retro-renovated in the last decade, opened in 2015 IIRC.
I'm going to age myself with this. When I was a kid we would stay at that Ho-Jo's throughout the 90's. I remember my dad would move the car during game nights to avoid getting a ball through the windshield. My fiance and I actually tracked the place down to see the new iteration on one of our last trips. It looks very cool.
BAR wrote:NaugyRR,

Thanks. I'll take a look at their website.

BAR
You're most welcome. The views from the hotel are really great, and the indoor pool is clean and relaxing, with an outdoor patio overlooking the water. The aquarium is literally outside the lobby and you have extremely close access to all of the transit lines.

If you have time stop by Faneuil Hall for some Boston Chipyard cookies. They will bake a fresh batch for you while you wait and they are heaven.

Kane's Donuts on Oliver Street is a few blocks from the hotel and is another favorite of mine. The donuts are huge and delightful, as are the rest of their baked goods and breakfast sandwiches. If you can, order online ahead of time as there is usually a line by the front door for their opening hours.