Railroad Forums 

• Brightline Slams Into Car Carrier

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1620141  by b&m 1566

I stumbled across this article of a Brightline train, hitting a car carrier stuck on the tracks in Hollywood, FL. In the video, you can see the passenger cars rocking side to side and bouncing up and down, did the train derail? The few articles I've read do not mention anything about a derailment.
Thankfully nobody was hurt in the incident.
 #1620497  by Gilbert B Norman

Grief.

I "go down every year"; and every year, the level of driving skill and respect for others just sinks further and further.

Trouble is, that level of driving skill is not limited to "Only in Dade". Throw in Broward and Palm Beach as well.
 #1620816  by JohnFromJersey

South Florida is a cesspool of bad drivers. That's what happens when you have a few extra hundred thousand move down there. I lived down there for a brief time between 2019 and 2020 (I was going to school down there pre COVID) and even then, the drivers were bad
 #1622084  by electricron

Drive your vehicle around gates and lights at railroad crossings, expect to be hit by a train.
They, both Brightline and the Government, installed those signals and gates for a reason. Ignore them at your own peril.
Do not blame the train for your own stupidity!